Did you mean: 

Excell to CAD Lisp Request

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kumaran123
689 Views, 3 Replies

Excell to CAD Lisp Request

Dear Lisp Developers,

I need your help. I want to transfer some survey data from Excel to CAD. Please help, the requirement is as follows.

we have survey datas in the form of excel. It has point numbers, Easting, Northing and Elevation. there are more than 100 points some times, now I want to locate this points to be inserted in AutoCAD at the proper Easting & Northing cordinates. when uploading to CAD I need a cross symbol with point number and elevations to be appeared in each points at the respective coordinates. I was using one excel sheet previously which is not working now. that also I'm attaching here for your reference. appreciate your help in need.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dbroad
in reply to: kumaran123

It looks like you have done a lot of development from the Excel end in sending AutoCAD your points using VBA.  Do you mean to abandon this approach?  If not, the VBA newsgroup might give more help.

If so, consider saving excel data to a CSV format and having a LISP open the file and parse each line into points.  (Are you asking for hints or for a complete program?)

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 4
kumaran123
in reply to: dbroad

Thanks for the replay, yes I need a lisp to make this convertion appreciate if you could have share it for me.

Message 4 of 4
dbroad
in reply to: kumaran123

Sorry.  Although it can be done, I don't have one to share.  

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost