- thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: TexShalter

@TexShalter wrote:

I want to doubleclick on a dimension and have the DIMRND override appear

I can't figure out what command I need to customize the doublclick CUI

I don't know about that [my AutoCAD is too old to have the CUI], but I find that if I select a Dimension [or many of them], and right-click, a list comes up including a Precision setting.  It shows choices only in decimal terms, even if I'm using Architectural units, but its numbers of decimal places are, I think, the DIMDEC value, which is related to DIMRND.  If that approach can do it for you, it has the possibly significant advantage that you can apply the same precision to as many Dimensions as you want, all at one shot, by selecting them all before right-clicking, rather than needing to do it to each one individually.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 5
TexShalter
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Don't think DIMDEC is it, but thanks:

I've assigned the doubleclick command DIMOVERRIDE, but the command line returns this ...

Command: _DIMOVERRIDE
Enter dimension variable name to override or [Clear overrides]:

So I don't know what it is asking me for

Message 4 of 5
TexShalter

If i select it first  then right click it gives me the precision option

that'll work

Message 5 of 5
Kent1Cooper

@TexShalter wrote:

I've assigned the doubleclick command DIMOVERRIDE, but the command line returns this ...

Command: _DIMOVERRIDE
Enter dimension variable name to override or [Clear overrides]:

So I don't know what it is asking me for

You would need to type in a dimensioning variable name such as DIMRND there, then give it a value for that, then it will ask the same again so you can override more than one variable, so if that's the only one you want to override you'd hit Enter, then it will ask you to select Dimension objects to apply that override to.  It's more convoluted than the right-click-list's Precision option, if that will work for you.

I don't have a very good handle on the relationship between DIMDEC and DIMRND, without digging into it some, but they are related somehow.  I find that if I use that Precision item in the right-click list to change the precision of a Dimension, it changes the "Precision" item for it at the bottom of the Primary Units section in the Properties box, and not the "Dim roundoff" value.  That "Dim roundoff" item shows the DIMRND setting for it, but there doesn't seem to be anything on the right-click list that would change DIMRND.  I haven't yet figured out why both those variables exist, since they seem to have similar effects.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost