Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a curve fit routine they could share?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hypersonic
427 Views, 4 Replies

Does anyone have a curve fit routine they could share?

i.e. one that would apply best fit lines and arcs to a segmented polyline?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

if you don't describe what you want to have exactly most of us will think of "use the PEDIT-command".

So you should describe what you want to have in another way, or at least why you can't use PEDIT. Let us see some samples what AutoCAD does and what you want to have instead.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
stevor
in reply to: hypersonic

By chance, do want to create a LWPOLYLINE

from a random collection of ARCs and LINEs,

without manually selecting each entity in the correct order?

S
Message 4 of 5
JamesMaeding
in reply to: hypersonic

I get exactly what you mean, and I have not seen code for that so far.

You would have to loop through the points, and test is the "trend" of a line is happening, or that of an arc.

The user would have to specify some tolerances for accuracy and shortest line allowed. You would not want a ton of short lines as the result.

Planners would need this to convert hand drawn lines to street centerlines or curbs.

Its not trivial, and would involve some artistic thinking.

I'll see what I can find. Its a bit similar to weeding routines I have done, they are not linear, but look back and forth to see if criteria is met when doing things.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 5 of 5
hypersonic
in reply to: JamesMaeding

Interesting.  I know I had a 3rd party routine years ago, but it worked outside of Autocad, and involved creating dxf files, importing, exporting etc.....

I would love to try to write something too, just too slamed right now, can't believe there isn't something already floating around for this.  You would think this would be some standard command in Autocad by now. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost