Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diesel Menu Gurus

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
diggerlugs
421 Views, 4 Replies

Diesel Menu Gurus

So we finally made the jump from acad2004 to 2013.  In my 2004 menu (middle button menu), I had this item:

^C^Chighlight $M=$(if,$(getvar,highlight),0,1)

This would toggle HIGHLIGHT on or off, and when it was toggled "on" there would be a check mark beside the menu item.

I added the above line to my acad2013 cuix file.  It toggles HIGHLIGHT on and off okay, but I don't get the check mark any more.  The AutoCAD 2013 Customization Guide says to add   !.   to get the check mark, but no matter how I try it there's no check mark.

This is my latest attempt:

^C^Chighlight $M=$(if,$(getvar,highlight)!.,0,1)

Anybody know what's wrong with this line?

Thanks for any wisdom.

RB

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bgingerich
in reply to: diggerlugs

It appears (in looking at similar things in other menus) that there needs to be Diesel in the Display Name of the command, not what executes.  So, this should be in "Display Name" box (NOT the "Command Name" box):

$(if,$(getvar,highlight),!.)name

And what you are doing to toggle the variable in the "Macro" box:

^C^Chighlight $M=$(if,$(getvar,highlight),0,1)

If there is an image specified for the command, it will not default to a check box, but will instead display the image 'toggled' on and off.  If you care about such things, you can go to the menu where the command is referenced and remove the image without changing/removing the image for the original command.  HTH

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 3 of 5
diggerlugs
in reply to: bgingerich

Thanks.  Still can't get it to work.  Ugghhh

Message 4 of 5
bgingerich

See the attached screenshot for where to put the macro.  It would be helpful to know what you tried and where (as opposed to "it won't work").  I suspect you're trying to put the macro for the check-mark in the "command" area. 

If that still doesn't work (using the macros in my previous message in the appropriate places), then try going to a checkmark enabled command (such as the palette options under the "tools" menu) and copy the "Display Name" box directly into your command's "Display Name" box.  Once that works then modify it one piece at a time to what you want it to be. 

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 5 of 5
diggerlugs

That works!  Thank you so much.  Happy New Year!  Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost