Did you mean: 

Decompile VLX question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
doaiena
3556 Views, 2 Replies

Decompile VLX question

Hello,

First of all this is not one of those "i ve lost my source and want to decompile vlx" threads. Im looking for the oposite.

Ive written an application in lisp which is in a VLX format. After testing it with some of the decompilers out there ive found some troubling results. All my commands and strings are clearly visible in the output, which would give a potential cracker a head start in bypassing my security code.

Is there any way i could protect my vlx from decompilers and such? What is the best way to secure a vlx app? Would writing my security on an external app be of any help?

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: doaiena

I'm not aware of any code in any language that cannot be cracked given enough time.  There are several code obfuscators out there that can make your code harder to read and understand. See this link

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 3
martti.halminen
in reply to: doaiena

The first thing to remember: any DCL code in a .vlx is in plaintext.

One thing you can do is to set the compiler mode to optimize and link directly, so that your functions can't be bypassed by loading something else in their place, and also hides the names so the cracker has to work with raw addresses.

That won't stop NSA, but might be enough to make people with limited resources to look for easier prey.

The next step would probably be some kind of encrypted data representation, so the plaintext versions would only exist at runtime.

You'd have to build that in your system, causing plenty of complications and some performance loss.

--

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost