Did you mean: 

Customize the ribbon panel in a ribbon tab

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
idragonb
2240 Views, 4 Replies

Customize the ribbon panel in a ribbon tab

I am trying to customize Autocad 2012 ribbon tab. I can't seem to find how to mimic the small arrow that appears in several of the standard menus. For example, in the 3D Solids - Home Tab, the second panel from the left is "3D Solids Home - Mesh" It has a small arrow in the corner that opens up a preferences dialogue box.

How can I add that arrow to a custom panel with that little arrow so that I can add my command to it?

Thank you.

Michael

Flow state:
Maximum challenge with maximum skills.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bgingerich
in reply to: idragonb

Well, just comparing two different panels I found that in the ones that have the extra dialog box have a "key tip" and a "element_id" under the "panel dialog box launcher".  Not sure how to add/customize those though... I'll get back with you.

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 3 of 5
bgingerich

OK.  Never knew you could do this before!  Make a command in the cui to launch the dialog box/command you want.  Then simply drag and drop the command into the "Panel Dialog Box Launcher" and you're all set.  HTH

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 4 of 5
bgingerich

A page from 2012 documentation for other info.  click

Brandon Gingerich
Message 5 of 5
idragonb
in reply to: bgingerich

Hey bgingerich - awesome - first time that I asked a question - it sure saves headache - I'm addicted. I propose to answer 2 questions for every one that I ask. This is a good thing!!

(cond

((and (feedback = "good") (feedback = "quick") (feedback /= "difficult")) "give back")

( T ("/nThanks for the quick response!"))

)

Flow state:
Maximum challenge with maximum skills.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost