Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Ribbon tab is not visible

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jdiamond
2131 Views, 6 Replies

Custom Ribbon tab is not visible

I have tried everything even un-installing and re-installing. I have customized programs that have been working properly for months by many individuals. These include custom menus, toolbars and ribbon tabs. One day last week one of the ribbon tabs disappeared. The crazy thing is if I load the .cuix file as an Enterprise cui, everything is visible and works just fine. BUT, when I load it as a partial cuix file the ribbon tab does not show up. The custom menus come in, my custom toolbars work and show up just fine but the dag blasted ribbon tab won't show up.

Yes, it's marked as visible. I've done and redone the cui editor, customized my workspace again and again checking every piece of information. I haven't heard of anyone else that uses these tools as having any problems. I need to have it loaded as a partial cui file as I am the author of these tools that hundreds of people in my company depend on.

Does anyone out there have a clue why this is happening?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jdiamond
in reply to: jdiamond

By the way here is a screen shot of the cui editor. You can see everything seems to be in place except the tab does not show up in the ribbon. The custom menus are there.

Message 3 of 7
pendean

Which Ribbon>Tabs>.... section did you place your custom Panel in? no screenshot posted.

Message 4 of 7
jdiamond

That's the whole point. The ribbon tab "2011 SIM-TOOL" does not appear even though everything seems to be entered correctly.

Message 5 of 7
jdiamond

Here's the screen shot of how it appears (correctly) when entered as an enterprize cui.

Message 6 of 7
Jillian.Bejtlich
Moved:

Your post has been moved to the AutoCAD General Customization forum where it will receive more traffic on this subject matter.

Message 6 of 7
jdiamond

FYI... The only (and I mean ONLY) way I got this tab to appear and as being loaded as a partial CUI file was to drag the tab from my partial loaded file and place it in the MAIN ACAD ribbon folder.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost