Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy with Base Piont

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
542 Views, 21 Replies

Copy with Base Piont

I use Copy with Base Point quite a bit. Most of the time I use it with the Paste as Block command. Has any one come up with a routine that will XClip with Base Point? If possible a second routine that will combine XClip with Base Point with Paste as Block.

FYI, I use A2K4, I as well use comand line entry.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds challenging...so show me the code you started.... "Charliep" wrote in message news:13495770.1086364138027.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > I use Copy with Base Point quite a bit. Most of the time I use it with the Paste as Block command. Has any one come up with a routine that will XClip with Base Point? If possible a second routine that will combine XClip with Base Point with Paste as Block. > > FYI, I use A2K4, I as well use comand line entry. > > MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous

That is a problem. I know nothing about LISP. I was hoping some one might allready have a LISP for this or it might be simple enough for some one to wright it for me.

Thanks for anyone who might offer.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous

No foul intended, but this is customization-learning how to program, and not customization-give us your request. I'd be more than happy to help if you started programming. Sorry. "Charliep" wrote in message news:264260.1086375549790.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > That is a problem. I know nothing about LISP. I was hoping some one might allready have a LISP for this or it might be simple enough for some one to wright it for me. > > Thanks for anyone who might offer.
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous

Rudy, Don't get started. If you don't want to help, just don't post. Everyone has a right to ask. OK? Charlie, I can't even understand what you exactly want. Perhaps more description might help. Xclip is not used for copy and paste. It's used for cropping a file that is already attached. How would you like it to operate differently? Also be sure to post your ACAD version. Regards, Doug "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message news:40c0cbf6_2@newsprd01... > No foul intended, but this is customization-learning how to program, and not > customization-give us your request.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous

Sorry Doug, I didn't know they nominated you president of the newsgroup. "Doug Broad" wrote in message news:40c0dbf4$1_2@newsprd01... > Rudy, > Don't get started. If you don't want to help, just don't post. > Everyone has a right to ask. OK? > > Charlie, > I can't even understand what you exactly want. Perhaps > more description might help. Xclip is not used for copy > and paste. It's used for cropping a file that is already > attached. How would you like it to operate differently? > > Also be sure to post your ACAD version. > > Regards, > Doug > > > "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message news:40c0cbf6_2@newsprd01... > > No foul intended, but this is customization-learning how to program, and not > > customization-give us your request. > >
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous

Sorry Rudy. But this sounded like *you* were speaking for everyone: >but this is customization-learning how to program, and not >customization-give us your request. Just wanted Charlie to know that you weren't speaking for everyone, that is, that you hadn't been appointed president. ;-) Regards, Doug "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message news:40c0e223$1_2@newsprd01... > Sorry Doug, I didn't know they nominated you president of the newsgroup. > > > > "Doug Broad" wrote in message > news:40c0dbf4$1_2@newsprd01... > > Rudy, > > Don't get started. If you don't want to help, just don't post. > > Everyone has a right to ask. OK?
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous

Are you kidding, I'm only an associate if that...heeheee.. Ok, here goes, Xclip with a base point......? I know of companies that just uses 0,0 as reference point, while others the insbase variable. Why not just use a grid, or reference line? -- Rudy@Cadentity.com AUTODESK Authorized Developer http://www.Cadentity.com MASi "Doug Broad" wrote in message news:40c0e425$1_2@newsprd01... > Sorry Rudy. But this sounded like *you* were speaking > for everyone: > > >but this is customization-learning how to program, and not > >customization-give us your request. > > Just wanted Charlie to know that you weren't speaking for > everyone, that is, that you hadn't been appointed president. ;-) > > Regards, > Doug > > "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message news:40c0e223$1_2@newsprd01... > > Sorry Doug, I didn't know they nominated you president of the newsgroup. > > > > > > > > "Doug Broad" wrote in message > > news:40c0dbf4$1_2@newsprd01... > > > Rudy, > > > Don't get started. If you don't want to help, just don't post. > > > Everyone has a right to ask. OK? > >
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous

now Rudy is being a rude-y. Everyone knows I am the president . I stop by once in a while and send people to war! can't wait to hear the replies... The trick is to post incomplete code so people have to learn a little to use it. I do like giving complete solutions for things involving cad management though, its hard enough just getting people to do things how you suggest so complete code is a must... "Rudy Tovar" |>Sorry Doug, I didn't know they nominated you president of the newsgroup. |> |> |> |>"Doug Broad" wrote in message |>news:40c0dbf4$1_2@newsprd01... |>> Rudy, |>> Don't get started. If you don't want to help, just don't post. |>> Everyone has a right to ask. OK? |>> |>> Charlie, |>> I can't even understand what you exactly want. Perhaps |>> more description might help. Xclip is not used for copy |>> and paste. It's used for cropping a file that is already |>> attached. How would you like it to operate differently? |>> |>> Also be sure to post your ACAD version. |>> |>> Regards, |>> Doug |>> |>> |>> "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message |>news:40c0cbf6_2@newsprd01... |>> > No foul intended, but this is customization-learning how to program, and |>not |>> > customization-give us your request. |>> |>> |> James Maeding Civil Engineer/Programmer
Message 10 of 22
Anonymous

Hey, one wise guy is enough in this group... Move over I want to be VICE..... "James Maeding" wrote in message news:ecp1c099t66qbdorg3ts1p91u8so01rdui@4ax.com... > now Rudy is being a rude-y. Everyone knows I am the president . I stop by once in a while and send people to war! > can't wait to hear the replies... > The trick is to post incomplete code so people have to learn a little to use it. > I do like giving complete solutions for things involving cad management though, its hard enough just getting people to > do things how you suggest so complete code is a must... > > "Rudy Tovar" > |>Sorry Doug, I didn't know they nominated you president of the newsgroup. > |> > |> > |> > |>"Doug Broad" wrote in message > |>news:40c0dbf4$1_2@newsprd01... > |>> Rudy, > |>> Don't get started. If you don't want to help, just don't post. > |>> Everyone has a right to ask. OK? > |>> > |>> Charlie, > |>> I can't even understand what you exactly want. Perhaps > |>> more description might help. Xclip is not used for copy > |>> and paste. It's used for cropping a file that is already > |>> attached. How would you like it to operate differently? > |>> > |>> Also be sure to post your ACAD version. > |>> > |>> Regards, > |>> Doug > |>> > |>> > |>> "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message > |>news:40c0cbf6_2@newsprd01... > |>> > No foul intended, but this is customization-learning how to program, and > |>not > |>> > customization-give us your request. > |>> > |>> > |> > > James Maeding > Civil Engineer/Programmer
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous

I think I have what you want. Please break down what you want a little more. Are you asking to copy a block that has been xclipped from one drawing to another? I have not done it for blocks but I have for xrefs. Wblock does not work on xrefs so I have written a routine to duplicate an xref from one drawing to another, layers, xclips and all... Charliep |>I use Copy with Base Point quite a bit. Most of the time I use it with the Paste as Block command. Has any one come up with a routine that will XClip with Base Point? If possible a second routine that will combine XClip with Base Point with Paste as Block. |> |>FYI, I use A2K4, I as well use comand line entry. |> |>MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! James Maeding Civil Engineer/Programmer
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous

no moving over needed, you can be vice president right now :) What does that make Ann though? "Rudy Tovar" |>Hey, one wise guy is enough in this group... |> |>Move over I want to be VICE..... |> |>"James Maeding" wrote in message |>news:ecp1c099t66qbdorg3ts1p91u8so01rdui@4ax.com... |>> now Rudy is being a rude-y. Everyone knows I am the president . I |>stop by once in a while and send people to war! |>> can't wait to hear the replies... |>> The trick is to post incomplete code so people have to learn a little to |>use it. |>> I do like giving complete solutions for things involving cad management |>though, its hard enough just getting people to |>> do things how you suggest so complete code is a must... |>> |>> "Rudy Tovar" |>> |>Sorry Doug, I didn't know they nominated you president of the newsgroup. |>> |> |>> |> |>> |> |>> |>"Doug Broad" wrote in message |>> |>news:40c0dbf4$1_2@newsprd01... |>> |>> Rudy, |>> |>> Don't get started. If you don't want to help, just don't post. |>> |>> Everyone has a right to ask. OK? |>> |>> |>> |>> Charlie, |>> |>> I can't even understand what you exactly want. Perhaps |>> |>> more description might help. Xclip is not used for copy |>> |>> and paste. It's used for cropping a file that is already |>> |>> attached. How would you like it to operate differently? |>> |>> |>> |>> Also be sure to post your ACAD version. |>> |>> |>> |>> Regards, |>> |>> Doug |>> |>> |>> |>> |>> |>> "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message |>> |>news:40c0cbf6_2@newsprd01... |>> |>> > No foul intended, but this is customization-learning how to program, |>and |>> |>not |>> |>> > customization-give us your request. |>> |>> |>> |>> |>> |> |>> |>> James Maeding |>> Civil Engineer/Programmer |> James Maeding Civil Engineer/Programmer
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous

A god... "James Maeding" wrote in message news:crq1c01hi1752m5vjukqq0ihervl953cqc@4ax.com... > no moving over needed, you can be vice president right now :) > What does that make Ann though? > > "Rudy Tovar" > |>Hey, one wise guy is enough in this group... > |> > |>Move over I want to be VICE..... > |> > |>"James Maeding" wrote in message > |>news:ecp1c099t66qbdorg3ts1p91u8so01rdui@4ax.com... > |>> now Rudy is being a rude-y. Everyone knows I am the president . I > |>stop by once in a while and send people to war! > |>> can't wait to hear the replies... > |>> The trick is to post incomplete code so people have to learn a little to > |>use it. > |>> I do like giving complete solutions for things involving cad management > |>though, its hard enough just getting people to > |>> do things how you suggest so complete code is a must... > |>> > |>> "Rudy Tovar" > |>> |>Sorry Doug, I didn't know they nominated you president of the newsgroup. > |>> |> > |>> |> > |>> |> > |>> |>"Doug Broad" wrote in message > |>> |>news:40c0dbf4$1_2@newsprd01... > |>> |>> Rudy, > |>> |>> Don't get started. If you don't want to help, just don't post. > |>> |>> Everyone has a right to ask. OK? > |>> |>> > |>> |>> Charlie, > |>> |>> I can't even understand what you exactly want. Perhaps > |>> |>> more description might help. Xclip is not used for copy > |>> |>> and paste. It's used for cropping a file that is already > |>> |>> attached. How would you like it to operate differently? > |>> |>> > |>> |>> Also be sure to post your ACAD version. > |>> |>> > |>> |>> Regards, > |>> |>> Doug > |>> |>> > |>> |>> > |>> |>> "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message > |>> |>news:40c0cbf6_2@newsprd01... > |>> |>> > No foul intended, but this is customization-learning how to program, > |>and > |>> |>not > |>> |>> > customization-give us your request. > |>> |>> > |>> |>> > |>> |> > |>> > |>> James Maeding > |>> Civil Engineer/Programmer > |> > > James Maeding > Civil Engineer/Programmer
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous

That's Anne. Goddess would be the correct title, a position she has deservedly maintained for quite some time. :) Presidents and such are tenuous positions held in democratic societies. This is more of a benevolent dictatorship. Though I do believe that even benevolent dictators have the power and right to chop off your head. :/ -- John Uhden, Cadlantic http://www.cadlantic.com Sea Girt, NJ "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message news:40c0ed2d_1@newsprd01... > A god... > > "James Maeding" wrote in message > news:crq1c01hi1752m5vjukqq0ihervl953cqc@4ax.com... > > no moving over needed, you can be vice president right now :) > > What does that make Ann though? > > > > "Rudy Tovar" > > |>Hey, one wise guy is enough in this group... > > |> > > |>Move over I want to be VICE..... > > |> > > |>"James Maeding" wrote in message > > |>news:ecp1c099t66qbdorg3ts1p91u8so01rdui@4ax.com... > > |>> now Rudy is being a rude-y. Everyone knows I am the president . I > > |>stop by once in a while and send people to war! > > |>> can't wait to hear the replies... > > |>> The trick is to post incomplete code so people have to learn a little > to > > |>use it. > > |>> I do like giving complete solutions for things involving cad > management > > |>though, its hard enough just getting people to > > |>> do things how you suggest so complete code is a must... > > |>> > > |>> "Rudy Tovar" > > |>> |>Sorry Doug, I didn't know they nominated you president of the > newsgroup. > > |>> |> > > |>> |> > > |>> |> > > |>> |>"Doug Broad" wrote in message > > |>> |>news:40c0dbf4$1_2@newsprd01... > > |>> |>> Rudy, > > |>> |>> Don't get started. If you don't want to help, just don't post. > > |>> |>> Everyone has a right to ask. OK? > > |>> |>> > > |>> |>> Charlie, > > |>> |>> I can't even understand what you exactly want. Perhaps > > |>> |>> more description might help. Xclip is not used for copy > > |>> |>> and paste. It's used for cropping a file that is already > > |>> |>> attached. How would you like it to operate differently? > > |>> |>> > > |>> |>> Also be sure to post your ACAD version. > > |>> |>> > > |>> |>> Regards, > > |>> |>> Doug > > |>> |>> > > |>> |>> > > |>> |>> "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message > > |>> |>news:40c0cbf6_2@newsprd01... > > |>> |>> > No foul intended, but this is customization-learning how to > program, > > |>and > > |>> |>not > > |>> |>> > customization-give us your request. > > |>> |>> > > |>> |>> > > |>> |> > > |>> > > |>> James Maeding > > |>> Civil Engineer/Programmer > > |> > > > > James Maeding > > Civil Engineer/Programmer > >
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous

I apologize that I offended you by asking for free LISP code. Other parts of the Autodesk discussion forum are just for that, asking questions because one does not know how to solve a problem. Or some one made a change to there AutoCAD and it changed the way they worked, and they need help fixing what they messed up. I have requested help from this LISP forum several times within the past 4 years and have never had any one to tell not to ask. I have for the most part have always had others who wanted to help me and apparently others with there request.
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous

Charlie - Please ignore the one answer and read those from all the users who did help you. Rudy was more referring to people who come in with no attempt at all to help themselves and want the group to do their work for them. --- Anne Brown Discussion Groups Administrator Autodesk, Inc. Charliep wrote: > > I apologize that I offended you by asking for free LISP code. Other parts of the Autodesk discussion forum are just for that, asking questions because one does not know how to solve a problem.(snip)
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous

James:

When I use Copy with Base Point I usually want to use the Paste as Block command right after it.

Example:
We have 5-6 different Shelf Upright blocks (block names are what AutoCAD gives them "A$C44F71ADE", not a user given name via WBlock). When I need to change the height of an upright I have to explode it and shortened it from the bottom. I order to make the drawing easier to use, I need to make the upright a block again, which is why I use Copy with Base Point, like the WBlock command, and then I have to erase the exploded object, then use Paste as Block. If AutoCAD offered XClip with Base Point it would take away the need to erase the exploded upright in my case. If AutoCAD offered XClip with Base point and Paste as Block, in one command, it would take away the need to erase and paste as block, "two commands".
As far as your question of, xclipped from one drawing to another, that is a Windows default command, Ctrl+X or Ctrl+C.

Thanks for your offer to help!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 18 of 22
cab2k

Here is a quick and dirty solution.

A lot of procedures can be combined into a lisp just using the
"command" function and "pause" for user input.
If you want error checking, which is a good idea if someone besides
you are going to use the code, it takes more coding.

CAB
[code](defun CopyPasteBlock()
(prompt "\nSelect objects to copy.")
(if (setq ss (ssget))
(if (setq bp (getpoint "\nSelect Base Point."))
(progn
(command "._copybase" bp ss "")
(command "._erase" ss "")
(command "._pasteblock" pause)
)
)
)
(princ)
)

;; shortcut procedure name
(defun c:CPB()
(CopyPasteBlock)
)
(princ)[/code]
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous

CAB2k

Thanks for your assistance. Hopefully others who surf this forum will find your code helpful.
I thank you for your time in creating this routine. I do wish that I had taken LISP in school, when I had the chance.

By the way it works great, just what I needed.

Hope you have a great week.
Message was edited by: Charliep
Message 20 of 22
cab2k

You are welcome.

If you would like more useful routines you may want to visit this site
http://theswamp.org/phpBB2/
There are more forums available than displayed. Just join, it's free,
and no personal info needed. When you join you will have full access
to the other forums and many useful routines. Obviously there are many
other web sites with lisp help & routines in there libraries.
See the links at this web site as well as the wealth of info.

http://www.smadsen.com/
http://www.afralisp.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost