Converting Text to Mtext

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
SJ_BCL
3522 Views, 9 Replies

Converting Text to Mtext

Hi there,

We have LT2011 and would like to know if anyone has a script/macro for the above command, which is in full ACAD but not LT?

Many thanks

Smiley Wink

ACAD 2007
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
andrew.nao
in reply to: SJ_BCL

have you tried searching this section?

this question has been asked many times

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/text-to-mtext/m-p/2434337/highlight/t...

Message 3 of 10
SJ_BCL
in reply to: andrew.nao

Many thanks, however (forgive my novice-ness/ignorance) but these all appear to use lisps and I have LT - does anyone know if these is a script or macro that works? Smiley Surprised

ACAD 2007
Message 4 of 10
WilliamForty

Scripts and macros are deliberately removed from AutoCAD LT. Perhaps try looking for an express tool for doing the job, but I'm not sure if express tools are available with LT as they're also lisps etc.

Regards,

Message 5 of 10
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: WilliamForty

@WillForty wrote:

Scripts and macros are deliberately removed from AutoCAD LT.....

Correct me if I'm wrong [I don't have LT], but I don't believe that's true -- that's precisely why the OP is asking for a Script or Macro, because they are available in LT, while AutoLISP is not.

I have my doubts that this can be done by a routine, because every approach I can think of would involve selecting a Text entity and saving its content to use in a new Mtext entity.  All of the ways to save content that I can think of -- variables, system variables, environment variables, blackboard namespace, writing a line to a text file -- involve AutoLISP functions in one way or another.

But I don't pretent to know all the possibilities.  Do (vl....) functions work in LT?  Some [but far from all] of them are listed in the AutoLISP Reference, so I think of them as Lisp functions, but maybe they're different somehow.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 10
WilliamForty
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

You're probably right.

I've got another suggestion thought. How about exporting the data to excel somehow using LIST or something, and then re-import the data using the technique below:

http://howtoautocad.com/autocad-and-excel-a-match-made-in-heaven/

Regards,

Message 7 of 10
pendean

No core command script or menu macro is going to do it, sorry. LT is handicapped by it's creators as part of the discount that is LT.

You can Google Search your request for LT and find out more.

Message 8 of 10
SJ_BCL
in reply to: pendean

Been having a look at other posts on the subject, I'm going to look at  lisp enabling programmes such as DRC Auto, and then I can run the text2mtext lisp and others on the dotsoft web-site. Otherwise, it's fork out for full AutoCAD Smiley Mad

Anyway, thanks for your input/help everybody, have a good day! Smiley Wink

ACAD 2007
Message 9 of 10
DW95Grad

You could try going into the CUI and creating a new comand and use the following macro ^C^Ctxt2mtxt 

Give it am image and then add it to a tool bar.

Let me know if this helps.

Message 10 of 10
SJ_BCL
in reply to: DW95Grad

Thanks, however, I have since bit the bullet - got a full version ACAD and have added txt 2 mtxt on my toolbar.Smiley Wink

ACAD 2007

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost