Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous dimension lisp that alternate the dimension position

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dkeyser
3713 Views, 6 Replies

Continuous dimension lisp that alternate the dimension position

Is there a lisp that will allow me to do a continuous dimension, but will alternate the dimension position from low, high, low and high?  If there is no lisp already created, can someone help me to create one? 

See Continuous dimension attachment for example.

I work at a glass and glazing company and this is how we dimension mullion width and DLO. See typical window dimensioning attachment for window elevation with dimensions.

Thanks

danny

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
_Tharwat
in reply to: dkeyser

You forgot to add the  attachment .

Message 3 of 7
dkeyser
in reply to: _Tharwat

Is there a lisp that will allow me to do a continuous dimension, but will alternate the dimension position from low, high, low and high?  If there is no lisp already created, can someone help me to create one? 

I work at a glass and glazing company and this is how we dimension mullion width and DLO. See typical window dimensioning attachment for window elevation with dimensions.

Thanks

danny

Message 4 of 7
dkeyser
in reply to: _Tharwat

Thanks

danny

Message 5 of 7
scot-65

This is a snippet of code we use that can be altered to your needs.

If anyone else wishes to pipe in and finish it, be my guest as I do

not have time right now to tinker with it...

(defun DIMPNTS ( / PTX PTS PLST DLPT )
  (setq PTS (getpoint "Select all points: "))
  (setq PLST (list PTS))
  (while (setq PTS (getpoint PTS))
   (setq PLST (append PLST (list PTS)))

);while
  (setq DLPT (getpoint "\nSelect dimension line location: "))
  (setq PTX (car PLST)) (setq PLST (cdr PLST))
  (foreach PTS PLST
   (command ".dim" USERDM PTX PTS DLPT "" "exit") ;<-- this area requires rework to fit the OP's needs
   (setq PTX PTS)
  );foreach
 );endDIMPNTS

What the above does:

Similar to dim continue, first select desired dimension line extension end points, then [Enter], then select

where the dimension line will be located. The foreach will do a "Dim1" and reuse the dimension

line location value. This snippet is part of a whole dimensioning utility that was original to our office

way back when we had R12 (meaning I was not the original author of this section of code).

Where:

- USERDM is "Hor", "Ver", etc. as found in the dim command (the gremlin).

- DLPT is the dimension line location.

To do:

- Preset or input offset distance of the dimension lines.

- Optional to place first dimension as the higher line (default), or lower line.

- Add a counter and determine if number is even or odd - this will determine location of next dimension...

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 6 of 7
scot-65

OK, I found a little time, restructured the snippet into a full command, and did minor testing.

Because of the program structure (with a command inside), an *error* handler was not required.

Adjust "c1" as needed (currently it is 10).

DMZ01.gif

DMZ.lsp - Dimension Zigzag. Horizontal or Vertical orientation. DYNmode friendly. Orientation retained in current session.

I also thought of using DMST as a possible name "Saw Tooth" or "Stagger"...

Have Fun!

Scot-65

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 7 of 7
dkeyser

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost