Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Linetype Extends past the vertex.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rogershaw1237
594 Views, 5 Replies

Complex Linetype Extends past the vertex.

I have a couple linetypes that Extend past the vertex as shown in the image attached.

can anyone please help with the attached Dwg and Linetype file to make this stop extending.

thanks in advance

RogerTCE.jpg

Cad Manager/Senior Technician
Heneghan & Associates, PC
Jerseyville, IL 62052
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: rogershaw1237

@rogershaw1237 wrote:

I have a couple linetypes that Extend past the vertex as shown in the image attached.

can anyone please help with the attached Dwg and Linetype file to make this stop extending.

I'm not at an AutoCAD-able computer right now to try it out, but I have a suggestion:

Try putting the text part in the middle of the definition cycle, with before-and-after "pen-down" portions split around it, for example in the one used in your image:

*TEMPESMT, TEMPESMT -//-//-//-//-//-//-//-
A,.025,["//",SIMPLEX,S=.015,R=0.0,X=-.04,Y=-.01925],-.05, .025

And turn linetype generation off/disabled, either beforehand with the PLINEGEN System Variable or afterwards in the Polyline's Properties.

[By the way, is that really the one used in the image?  It looks to me, from the definition, as though the pen-down and pen-up parts should be of the same length, and the slashes should sit with at least a portion below the line, but in the image they're not that way.]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 6
rogershaw1237
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

unfortunately this did not solve my issue. i am still getting the extending lines even with shutting of linetype generation.

any other suggestions are welcome.. thanks

Jerseyville, IL 62052
Message 4 of 6
Kent1Cooper

@rogershaw1237 wrote:

unfortunately this did not solve my issue. i am still getting the extending lines even with shutting of linetype generation.

any other suggestions are welcome.. thanks

I think it's not that the text elements are extending past, but rather that they're extending before or preceding vertex locations and endpoints, because of the [comparatively] large negative X-position value for the text element.  I tried some re-allocation of the proportions of things, and this seems to work, though you can fine-tune the numbers [again with linetype generation off in Polylines]:

A,.01,["//",SIMPLEX,S=.015,R=0.0,X=0.0,Y=-.01925],.04,-.05

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 6
dbroad

Roger,

The drawing file you posted did not have the same linetype definition as the text file you posted.  Do you know how to reload linetypes?  Since linetypes are external to the file, they must be manually reloaded and then the drawing regenerated before assuming a correction does not work.

Your posted linetype definition has some slight deficiencies but, if you turn disable linetype generation on the plines, you shouldn't have a problem.

Steps to reload:  Linetype ->Load->Browse for your linetype file->select the linetype(s) to reload->Choose overwrite.

On your system, the linetype file must have a .LIN extension.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 6 of 6
rogershaw1237
in reply to: dbroad

i did reload the linetypes... i did not upload a new Dwg file after that.. that is the original dwg file from 2 weeks ago...

i will try the other suggestion sometime today....

Jerseyville, IL 62052

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost