Did you mean: 

Can't pickfirst for some commands

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
troma
558 Views, 2 Replies

Can't pickfirst for some commands

I've been testing out a few lisps just now, trying to get to the one I want.

Somewhere along the line something has changed a setting in the program and I don't know what or how to get it back.

Similar to the PICKFIRST sysvar, but not that.  (PICKFIRST is set to 1).

When I select objects and issue a command like move or copy, all is fine.

When I select objects and hit Ctrl+C, the selection set is ignored and I am prompted to select objects.

When I double click on text to edit, the ddedit or mtedit command is issued at commandline, and I am prompted to select an object.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: troma

@troma wrote:

Somewhere along the line something has changed a setting in the program and I don't know what or how to get it back.  Similar to the PICKFIRST sysvar, but not that.  (PICKFIRST is set to 1).

When I select objects and issue a command like move or copy, all is fine.

When I select objects and hit Ctrl+C, the selection set is ignored and I am prompted to select objects.

When I double click on text to edit, the ddedit or mtedit command is issued at commandline, and I am prompted to select an object.

Wild guess, but since you were working with code on another thread that messes with it....

Did the QAFLAGS System Variable get left set to 1, and not reset to the default 0?  I don't remember all the things that it affects [you could learn more about that with a Search], but those just might be among them.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 3
troma
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

I better go back and figure out which version of the code did that!

Thanks Kent.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost