Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can it be done and how hard will it be?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
198 Views, 4 Replies

Can it be done and how hard will it be?

Hi all, I want to create a routine that does all of the following. Keeping in mind it will be about the 6th real routine that I have done in the course of about 8 yrs. I know a little lisp good, with the hard stuff I have always had to have help from all of you.

Now to get on with it...
the program will do as follows.
1: copy visible objects in each individual paperspace viewport from modelspace to paper.
2: delete objects left in modelspace
3; change modelspace to one viewport if there are more than one view in model, setting to to plan and ucs world.
4:delete pspace viewports that exist.
5: create new pspace viewport with scale set to 1 and view set at world.
6: move all objects from pspace back to mspace including whatever was in pspace to start with.

If I can do it, please give me some pointers as to how. I always have problems with list's, to get the right info or dxf codes out of them, I also have a hard time understanding the IF's, Cond's, Then's, etc. so please bear with me. It will probably be a week or so before I can start on it.

I am also going to want to do one that will also have the capability to create 2d representation of whatever 3d solids, and other objects in modelspace to paperspace.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

As I am thinking about it, I am thinking of some other things I am going to have to make it do like do a textmask. I will also have to make it (I think) read what layers are frozen per viewport and deal with that some way to if there are more than one pspace viewports. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks again for any and all responses.
Rob D.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

If you are having problems with IF's THEN's & ELSE's, then what you
are really asking is for someone here to write the proggy for you,,,
thats a big ask for what you intend.
Start with Defun.

wrote in message news:5244053@discussion.autodesk.com...
As I am thinking about it, I am thinking of some other things I am going to
have to make it do like do a textmask. I will also have to make it (I think)
read what layers are frozen per viewport and deal with that some way to if
there are more than one pspace viewports. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks again for any and all responses.
Rob D.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

No what I would really like is for someone to explain those to me and help me know what is the easiest way to do the project I mentioned. I know defun and all that, it's just the deeper things in lisp I have problems understanding as I have learned all I know without any help just looking at code.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Give me a few days, I have to get out a project first, I will then post some code as an example of what I mean that I do not understand what it is telling AutoCAD to do. Something like
(if
(not
or something like this. I am not incompetent with lisp by no means it is just some of the things I do not understand the why and where of.

Thanks again,
Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost