Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoLISP Output and 2013 Command Line Behavior

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jhframe
1456 Views, 7 Replies

AutoLISP Output and 2013 Command Line Behavior

AutoCAD 2013 seems to be overwriting the first line of text produced by an AutoLISP function in the command line shown in the graphics window.  For example:

(defun c:test1 (/)
  (princ "\nTest line 1.")
  (princ "\nTest line 2.")
  (princ "\nTest line 3.")
  (princ))

In the text window this shows up as:

Test line 1.
Test line 2.
Test line 3.

But in the command line in the graphics window it appears as:

Test line 2.
Test line 3.

It doesn't matter how many lines I show in the graphics window, the first one is always missing.

This is new behavior.  I have hundreds of AutoLISP functions that I depend on for my business, and having to tweak every one of them to adapt to this is going to be a major pain in the ****.  Is there some kind of setting that I'm overlooking?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
devitg
in reply to: jhframe

The last (PRINC) hide all previous lines 

at the text screen or after press F2

Command: test1

Test line 1.
Test line 2.
Test line 3.

Message 3 of 8
jhframe
in reply to: devitg

It's not a simple matter of not having enough command lines visible.  It also appears to be drawing-related -- I just created a new drawing using acad.dwt, and the problem isn't present.  See the two attached images.

Message 4 of 8
jhay2009

I'm seeing exactly the same thing and this is driving me crazy!

Have you figured out how to fix this?

Message 5 of 8
JeffRusson6157

I am having a similar problem since installing sp1.1.  Before installation of sp 1.1  if I typed (+ 2 2) at the command line the '4' was eched back to the command line.  After installing sp1.1 '4' is not printed to the command line in model space although it does appear on the text screen. A major annoyance for me. This odd behavior is clearly related to sp 1.1 because if I uninstall sp 1.1 autocad reverts to the previous behavior (known by me in all versions since R14).

I am seriously considering doing without sp 1.1. 

Jeff

Message 6 of 8
pfxarch

Why oh Why Autodesk?!  Nice to have the system variables, but who comes up with the defaults?!

VERY lisp unfriendly.  Some of us like to lisp on the fly as we're working.  Kind of a pain to have to F2 to see the results.

System variable is CLIPROMPTUPDATE

Default Setting is 0 (OFF)

Change it to 1 (ON)

And now we can get back to work....

Message 7 of 8
jhay2009

Thank you, thank you and thank you.  I'm so used to things being bugs that it never dawned on me that it could possibly be a new system variable.

Message 8 of 8
scot-65
in reply to: pfxarch

@pfxarch wrote:

Why oh Why Autodesk?!  Nice to have the system variables, but who comes up with the defaults?!

There is a trend with other similar (parametric) software that completely eliminates the command line.

The developers have abandoned the left hand in favor of pure dialog interfaces.

Are these developers hinting that this will be to come?

Isn't that a shame?

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost