Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

Contributor rbt
Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (814 Views)

AutoCAD 2012 - Processing of S::STARTUP has changed

814 Views, 3 Replies
06-20-2011 09:53 PM

Coming from AutoCAD 2010, I've discovered that 2012 processes S::smileyfrustrated:TARTUP differently - and not for the better IMO. 

My VLISP/ActiveX batch plot utility uses 'vla-Open' and 'vla-Close' to open and close each drawing.  In between these events, a LISP plot routine, residing in a startup file, is auto run once drawing opens, plotting the drawing.

In AutoCAD 2010, the LISP plot routine was in S::smileyfrustrated:TARTUP function (designed for just this kind of thing). In 2012, I cannot put the LISP plot routine in the S::smileyfrustrated:TARTUP function because S::smileyfrustrated:TARTUP is only executed upon the opened drawing becoming the active document (manually or programatically). Problem is, making the opened drawing active results in loss of control of batch process.

To work in 2012, I have LISP plot routine at the end of the <cui>.MNL file (not in S::smileyfrustrated:TARTUP). It works, but frequently causes Fatal Error - I assume due to processes stepping on each other. I'm playing with inserting DELAY command(s), hoping to find the right combination to prevent the Fatal Errors.

Can anyone offer other suggestions?

Contributor rbt
Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (783 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2012 - Processing of S::STARTUP has changed

06-21-2011 12:48 PM in reply to: rbt

Still wondering if anyone can suggest how in AutoCAD 2012 I can execute a PLOT of each drawing in a list of drawings where each drawing is opened with 'vla-Open' and closed with 'vla-Close'?

*Expert Elite*
scot-65
Message 3 of 4 (766 Views)

06-21-2011 03:47 PM in reply to: rbt

To my knowledge commands can only be employed while in S::smileyfrustrated:TARTUP.

Possibly look into appending the existing S::smileyfrustrated:TARTUP with your PLOT command inside?

(I don't have my R12 LISP book handy to guide you)

Scot-65
Dyslexia is a permanent physical disability that cannot be seen.
Contributor rbt
Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (764 Views)

06-21-2011 04:02 PM in reply to: scot-65

Thanks, but I've appended S:smileyfrustrated:TARTUP, defined plot function using defun-q, etc., put S::smileyfrustrated:TARTUP in acaddoc.lsp, in <cui>.mnl, nothing has worked to make it run without having opened file become active.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community