Did you mean: 

Auto rename of layout based on custom drawing proerty or field

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
michael.lucas
490 Views, 0 Replies

Auto rename of layout based on custom drawing proerty or field

Hi All,

I am using the P&ID module of AutoCAD Plant3D 2013.

Each drawing in the project has just one layout tab, with the layout named based on the template used when the drawing was first created.

Each drawing has some custom properties, that are used in fields in our title block, e.g.

%<\PnID DrawingProperties.My Drawing Information.Current Revision>%

Here's what I'd like to do:

The custom property above is a text value containing a number or letter representing the current revision of the drawing.  When that is changed in the drawing properties dialog, it currently autoupdates the field in the title block.  I would like it to also rename the layout tab to use the word Rev and the number/letter from the field. (e.g. Rev A)

Is there a way of changing the layout name based on some text plus a field value?

I can find lots of information on doing the reverse (field from a layout name) but not renaming a layout from a field.

The other alternative I can think of is to make a custom function that asks for the new revision number and updates both the property I've refered to above and the layout name.  I suspect this might be easier?

Any help would be appreciated - the last time I programmed anything in LISP was back in AutoCAD 12, so I'm extremely rusty!  Is LISP the right way to go, or can I do it more simply another way?

Michael.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost