Arc text exploding problem

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
lai
Advocate
1989 Views, 8 Replies

Arc text exploding problem

I have encounter some text exploding problem. As shown in attachment, I would like to know if there any possible way I can explode the text into polyline or single line and maintain it within the position and style?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: lai

Just use the explode command to explode the mirrored arc text.  It worked with AutoCAD 2010.  See attached.

Message 3 of 9
lai
Advocate
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, what i require is the text can be direct explode without changes its orientation. If i use the normal explode, i will sort of reverse direction.Any idea to do it or type a mirror arc text directly?

Message 4 of 9
pbejse

A crude way of achieving that is  plot thru DXB

Message 5 of 9
lai
Advocate
in reply to: pbejse

Wow, that's the end result i need. Mind i ask what do you mean by plot with DBX? Can give a little more details. Thanks.

Message 6 of 9
pbejse

First add the DXB plot

Options
Plot and Publish
Add or Configure Plotters
Add-A-Plotter Wizard
Next
Next
Autocad DXB File

When you plot you will DXB file.pc3 or whatever you named it

Try it out to have a feel for it

To insert the DXB format

DXBIN

Message 7 of 9
lai
Advocate

ok,just now give it a try and it's good.By the way, not sure if i have done wrongly or not, cause when i insert the dbx file, the explode text is not in scale 1:1, though when plotting time, i make it to be plot in scale 1:1.is it i need to rescale it back to original size everytime? Please advise.

Additonally, is there way we can direct type a mirror text as shown in my previous attachment.? Previously i use to block the text and mirror the block.

Message 8 of 9
pbejse

I guess you could plot to scale, didnt really gave it much thought

as for a newly created ARCTEXT you can use a Text Style with backwards option, that might work

EDIT:

I tried 1:1 on your drawing, it works fine, I used ISO A0, no need to scale down/up, make sure you uncheck FIT TO SCALE

Message 9 of 9
lai
Advocate

Hi i have try again the dxb plotting again...I still somehow when i use the DXBIN command to insert the DXB file, it still not in scale 1:1..I have attach along the pdf to show my setting during plot out. Then i notice that when i input time, it won't ask me to pick a insert point also.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost