Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessible Parking Dynamic Block

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sovby
1173 Views, 7 Replies

Accessible Parking Dynamic Block

I have successfully created accessible parking dynamic blocks. They work fine for new parking because they are set to always be a certain width. 5'-0" or 8'-0" for an access aisle, etc. What i would like to figure out is how to create an existing access aisle that can be stretched horizontally & vertically. The problem is that when the striping is at an angle as is the case with the access aisle how do i go about doing this? Could i put some sort of geometric constraint to be able to stretch it horizontally & vertically & keep the striping at a given angle. Also the striping may need to array as it is stretched. I am enclosing a couple of sample blocks for anyone to take a look at.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
bgingerich
in reply to: sovby

Maybe if you post this in the Dynamic Block forum you'll get an answer (better than mine!)

I've been playing around with this in my spare time, but without gometric constraints handy. I haven't been able to do all that could be done.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 3 of 8
sovby
in reply to: bgingerich

Thats a good idea. I will do that rather than asking a mod to move it

Message 4 of 8
bgingerich
in reply to: sovby

Another thing I just thought of today reading your post in the block forum.  Maybe you could try a custom Hatch pattern?

*PARKING, Access aisle striping
45, 0,0, 0,25
45, 0,5.65685425, 0,25

Try adding this to the end your acadlt.pat file.  Mine was in "\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2010\R15\enu\Support" with winXP.  You can play around with these settings to your own liking (explaination >>here<<).

I've attached a simple block with the hatch and further explaination.  It's not exactly what you wanted, but without lisp, I don't think I can get any closer than this.

HTH

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 5 of 8
stanovb

That's pretty good, i did not think of doing it as a hatch. I think this will give me what i want except that i will have to explode it. It is a bit complicated to do what i want to do so this will have to work for now. I will keep my ear out for any other ideas like lisp but i am not sure if what i want to do is even possible. The only thing i can think of is some kind of wipeout like action but i have never heard of anything like that for a hatch. I cant figure out how to mark this as a solution. Am i missing something? I know ive seen that somewhere before but i dont see it now

Message 6 of 8
bgingerich
in reply to: stanovb

You have to explode the hatch to trim to it?  I didn't. (or do you mean the polyline)

You're right.  No wipeouts in the hatch.

The accept as solution option is at the lower right of a post (under the reply button).  If Charles or someone else gets back with you with a block that fits your needs, you can post a link to that thread and mark that as a solution.  That way others can find your solution(s) too.

Brandon Gingerich
Message 7 of 8
stanovb

i guess i meant the block.

Message 8 of 8
bgingerich
in reply to: stanovb

Woops.  You're right.  I forgot about that. Smiley Wink

Brandon Gingerich

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost