Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZIMUTH & distance

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
leksboy
3230 Views, 8 Replies

AZIMUTH & distance

is there a lisp that label the azimuth & distance by picking a line? azimuth start from south angle zero clockwise e.g if
southwest less than 90°....57°23'56" ,
northwest less than 180°....130°56'30" ,
northeast less than 270°....200°10"10" ,
southeast less than 360°... 300°10'10"
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: leksboy

By "label," do you mean to draw a piece of Text with the information? Or do you just want to see it? The Units settings include the option to measure directions either counterclockwise or clockwise, and to define the direction that is 0 degrees. If you set those appropriately, you can just pick on a Line and look at its azimuth and length in the Properties box, but a routine could certainly be made to do something like make Text out of the information [there's probably something like that in the Discussion Group history, though probably not using that particular combination of starting and progressing directions].

--
Kent Cooper

leksboy wrote...
is there a lisp that label the azimuth & distance by picking a line? azimuth start from south angle zero clockwise....
Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

leksboy wrote:
> is there a lisp that label the azimuth & distance by picking a line? azimuth start from south angle zero clockwise e.g if
> southwest less than 90°....57°23'56" ,
> northwest less than 180°....130°56'30" ,
> northeast less than 270°....200°10"10" ,
> southeast less than 360°... 300°10'10"

Try the attached. I use 2, 3 and 1.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

leksboy wrote:
> is there a lisp that label the azimuth & distance by picking a line? azimuth start from south angle zero clockwise e.g if
> southwest less than 90°....57°23'56" ,
> northwest less than 180°....130°56'30" ,
> northeast less than 270°....200°10"10" ,
> southeast less than 360°... 300°10'10"

Follow up - the lsp routine was used on the attached dwg:
Message 5 of 9
Skippie

Can't check your drawing, it must be 2010!
Aren't fields good enough for what you are after?
Message 6 of 9
leksboy

yes i want to make a Text with information in it
Message 7 of 9
leksboy

i want ANGLE only without direction ( N,E,S,W) starting from SOUTH as zero angle
Message 8 of 9
Kent1Cooper

Change the 4 in each (angtos) function to 1 to get degrees/minutes/seconds instead of surveyor's units. Set ANGBASE to 270 and ANGDIR to 1 to have it read from South as 0 degrees and figure angles clockwise. However, I haven't tested the combination of those settings with that routine -- you may need to make some compensation, because some Lisp functions may return angles in default directions, ignoring ANGBASE and/or ANGDIR settings, just as some return points in World Coordinates, ignoring the current Coordinate System.

--
Kent Cooper

leksboy wrote...
i want ANGLE only without direction ( N,E,S,W) starting from SOUTH as zero angle
Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Skippie wrote:
> Can't check your drawing, it must be 2010!
> Aren't fields good enough for what you are after?

It was 2010 - now 2007.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost