Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIA layering

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
StanoV
127 Views, 3 Replies

AIA layering

We are in the process of changing our office to AIA standards. My question is if i want to change the properties of an object from another layer such as a-elev-note to a layer such as s-flor-note without typing in the whole layer name how would i do that? in other words, if i had a line on a-elev-note i want to be able to type in something quick & easy to put it on s-elev-note.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: StanoV

Filter the name. Then provide solutions. Example: (setq s (getstring t "\nEnter Layer: ")) ;create filter layer name 'wcmatch' tblnext append list ;Via dialog, select item layer name. ;Via listing, number (txtscr) layer list name. 1. layer1 2. layer2 ;Prompt (setq n (getreal "\nEnter Layer Number: ")) ;Return (nth n layer-list) Endless possibilities.... -- Rudy@Cadentity.com AUTODESK Authorized Developer www.Cadentity.com MASi "StanoV" wrote in message news:346737.1081361710788.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > We are in the process of changing our office to AIA standards. My question is if i want to change the properties of an object from another layer such as a-elev-note to a layer such as s-flor-note without typing in the whole layer name how would i do that? in other words, if i had a line on a-elev-note i want to be able to type in something quick & easy to put it on s-elev-note.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

You could use express tools layer match. Another way is how we do it our office. We have a screen menu (oh dread!) that has a list of our common layer names, and use a command similar to ET's layer match to pick the layer name from the screen menu. You could do something similar by using the layer match command Create a screen menu of your layer names, and write a small macro that would load up the screen menu and the call lyrmch. Then, once you select the objects, just pick the proper layer name from the screen menu. **laymch 3 [Selct Lyr] [0 ]T;^P0^P; [anno-dims]T;^Ps-anno-dims^P; [anno-note]T;^Ps-anno-note^P; [anno-symb]T;^Ps-anno-symb^P; [anno-ttlb]T;^Ps-anno-ttlb^P; [beam ]T;^Ps-beam^P; [cols ]T;^Ps-cols^P; [defpoints]T;^PDefpoints^P; [detl ]T;^Ps-detl^P; [detl-hevy]T;^Ps-detl-hevy^P; [detl-hidn]T;^Ps-detl-hidn^P; [detl-lght]T;^Ps-detl-lght^P; [detl-xlgt]T;^Ps-detl-xlgt^P; [detl-patt]T;^Ps-detl-patt^P; [detl-rbar]T;^Ps-detl-rbar^P; [detl-rwwf]T;^Ps-detl-rwwf^P; [detl-brkl]T;^Ps-detl-brkl^P; [exst ]T;^Ps-exst^P; [exst-hidn]T;^Ps-exst-hidn^P; [fndn ]T;^Ps-fndn^P; [fndn-ftgs]T;^Ps-fndn-ftgs^P; [fndn-hidn]T;^Ps-fndn-hidn^P; [grid ]T;^Ps-grid^P; [jois ]T;^Ps-jois^P; [jois-brdg]T;^Ps-jois-brdg^P; [slab ]T;^Ps-slab^P; [wall ]T;^Ps-wall^P; [wall-brck]T;^Ps-wall-brck^P; [wall-cmun]T;^Ps-wall-cmun^P; [wall-hidn]T;^Ps-wall-hidn^P; [wall-part]T;^Ps-wall-part^P; "StanoV" wrote in message news:346737.1081361710788.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > We are in the process of changing our office to AIA standards. My question is if i want to change the properties of an object from another layer such as a-elev-note to a layer such as s-flor-note without typing in the whole layer name how would i do that? in other words, if i had a line on a-elev-note i want to be able to type in something quick & easy to put it on s-elev-note.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

If you are using ADT check out this site cadmin.com, they have a manager program that might do just what you are looking for. "StanoV" wrote in message news:346737.1081361710788.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > We are in the process of changing our office to AIA standards. My question is if i want to change the properties of an object from another layer such as a-elev-note to a layer such as s-flor-note without typing in the whole layer name how would i do that? in other words, if i had a line on a-elev-note i want to be able to type in something quick & easy to put it on s-elev-note.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost