Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACMech08 - Make Layer Group & Layers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
255 Views, 2 Replies

ACMech08 - Make Layer Group & Layers

AutoCAD Mechanical Layer Groups are a different animal. Could someone point in the right direction on creating custom layers and, more importantly, making these layers available to be replicated in all Layer Groups?

REASON: There are settings i.e. Layer Color Overrides and Layer Replication in Layer Groups that I would like to take advantage of over the 'normal' layer creation in ACAD Vanilla.

Thanks,
Clint Hill
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thatcadguy
in reply to: Anonymous

are you talking about the AM_ groups that the AMLAYER command makes in mechanical?
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes. I would like to automate layer setup replicating layers in Layer Groups prgrammatically using VLISP or VBA.

I am implementing CAD Standards w/ Mechanical and yet do not want to move to Structure partly because I am not comfortablle with it but, more importantly, the possible compatability issues with other contractor's plain AutoCAD files and also usage in other, non-Autodesk CAD software.

I like the LAYER GROUPS philosophy, however, according to a comment in ACAD MECH 2009's online help, the use of LAYER GROUPS is highly discouraged in future releases. The ACAD MECH 2009's online help states LAYER GROUPS exist for compatability purposes only.

Paraphrasing a response from an Autodesk Subscription Support Technician referring to ACAD MECH 2008, LAYER GROUPS are on there way out(?)

Comments....

Clint Hill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost