Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A lisp routine seems to be saved to my lisp editor can't clear it.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
David125
501 Views, 5 Replies

A lisp routine seems to be saved to my lisp editor can't clear it.

I’m new to using ActiveX and the vlisp editor. I played with entering a SLOT lisp using a tutorial from afralisp.com.
Everything seemed to be working fine till I went to the next step the tutorial. After closing out all windows in the vlisp editor, then reopening it, In Visual LISP Console of the editor I entered (vl-load-com). I then entered (setq acadObject (vlax-get-acad-object)). I then highlighted ACADOBJECT from the previous line and selected “add watch”. As soon as I did that AutoCAD issues the command Slot, which is the lisp I was messing with (now) yesterday. It’s as if that lisp is saved somewhere I know I did not save it anywhere. Any suggestions as to what is going on? I’m using Acad 2014.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Ajilal.Vijayan
in reply to: David125

If you use vlisp-compile to compile the lisp file, the fas file may be saved to somewhere within the autocad search path.

If you remember the SLOT lisp file name try typing something like this at the command line.

(findfile "SLOT.fas")

Message 3 of 6
stevor

To find it, use the windows explorer Find tool:
 slot.lsp  or slot.fas , or slot*.lsp etc.

To not lose the messing around files,
make  spare copies like of the original,
in a seporate folder for such things.ings.

S
Message 4 of 6
David125
in reply to: stevor

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try, to no avail, the searches you recomended.  I ended up having to delete the vlide.dsk file from the acad support directory. I had inadvertantly entered some commands that kept vlide running in a loop. I don't quite understand it myself except that now everything seems to ve working find now.

Message 5 of 6
David125

Special Note: I had previously tried deleting the vlide.dsk file but I had tried it when AutoCad was running, when. WHen I closed AutoCAD the vlide.dsk file with the loop written to it was resaved. I had to shut AutoCAD down THEN delete the vlide.dsk file.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

General well-being and peace-of-mind practices for any modern and publically available computers are to NOT mess with any of the files that constitute a program WHILE THAT PROGRAM IS RUNNING. Background included (you can check this by pulling up the task manager and scanning visually the list of applications that are running for an item that looks similar to the name of the program you just closed).

Typically only once a program/app/whatever is completely turned off/shut down/not running/whichever vernacular you choose to use, then would you preform operations on the files that run the prog/app/etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost