Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Arc command needed

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
155 Views, 5 Replies

3d Arc command needed

Anyone have an arc command that works in 3d?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure I understand. There's no such thing as a 3d arc. Just change your UCS to the plane you want the arc on. -- Robert Davis QC/CMM Dept. robert@easmfg.com E.A.S. Manufacturing Co., Inc. 804 Via Alondra Camarillo, Ca 93012 805-987-3665 Voice 805-987-7948 Fax eas@easmfg.com - General E-Mail www.easmfg.com - Web Site "Andreas Vasiliou" wrote in message news:3fe1a4cf_1@statler... > Anyone have an arc command that works in 3d? > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

tried that. it doesn't seem to work for me. "Robert Davis" wrote in message news:3fe1fc1e$1_2@statler... > Not sure I understand. There's no such thing as a 3d arc. Just change your > UCS to the plane you want the arc on. > > -- > Robert Davis > QC/CMM Dept. > robert@easmfg.com > > E.A.S. Manufacturing Co., Inc. > 804 Via Alondra > Camarillo, Ca 93012 > 805-987-3665 Voice > 805-987-7948 Fax > eas@easmfg.com - General E-Mail > www.easmfg.com - Web Site > > "Andreas Vasiliou" wrote in message > news:3fe1a4cf_1@statler... > > Anyone have an arc command that works in 3d? > > > > > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Too bad. That's about the only way to do it. ___ "Andreas Vasiliou" wrote in message news:3fe25de9_3@statler... > tried that. it doesn't seem to work for me.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Then you didn't set the plane correctly, as Paul pointed out. An arc, in the arc's plane, is always 2D. The trick lies in making the arc in the plane you need given your desired endpoints. -- R. Robert Bell, MCSE www.AcadX.com "Andreas Vasiliou" wrote in message news:3fe25de9_3@statler... | tried that. it doesn't seem to work for me. | | | "Robert Davis" wrote in message | news:3fe1fc1e$1_2@statler... | > Not sure I understand. There's no such thing as a 3d arc. Just change your | > UCS to the plane you want the arc on. | > | > -- | > Robert Davis | > QC/CMM Dept. | > robert@easmfg.com | > | > E.A.S. Manufacturing Co., Inc. | > 804 Via Alondra | > Camarillo, Ca 93012 | > 805-987-3665 Voice | > 805-987-7948 Fax | > eas@easmfg.com - General E-Mail | > www.easmfg.com - Web Site | > | > "Andreas Vasiliou" wrote in message | > news:3fe1a4cf_1@statler... | > > Anyone have an arc command that works in 3d? | > > | > > | > | > | |
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

You are right. I had another go and the ucs thing has worked this time. Sorry. Thanks guys Andreas "R. Robert Bell" wrote in message news:3fe262d7$1_7@statler... > Then you didn't set the plane correctly, as Paul pointed out. An arc, in the > arc's plane, is always 2D. The trick lies in making the arc in the plane you > need given your desired endpoints. > > > -- > R. Robert Bell, MCSE > www.AcadX.com > > > "Andreas Vasiliou" wrote in message > news:3fe25de9_3@statler... > | tried that. it doesn't seem to work for me. > | > | > | "Robert Davis" wrote in message > | news:3fe1fc1e$1_2@statler... > | > Not sure I understand. There's no such thing as a 3d arc. Just change > your > | > UCS to the plane you want the arc on. > | > > | > -- > | > Robert Davis > | > QC/CMM Dept. > | > robert@easmfg.com > | > > | > E.A.S. Manufacturing Co., Inc. > | > 804 Via Alondra > | > Camarillo, Ca 93012 > | > 805-987-3665 Voice > | > 805-987-7948 Fax > | > eas@easmfg.com - General E-Mail > | > www.easmfg.com - Web Site > | > > | > "Andreas Vasiliou" wrote in message > | > news:3fe1a4cf_1@statler... > | > > Anyone have an arc command that works in 3d? > | > > > | > > > | > > | > > | > | > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost