VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copybase inconsistency

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bellrey
300 Views, 2 Replies

copybase inconsistency

Hi everyone!

I need some help with the macro that I made. I use loops in copying objects from one drawing to another(copying by elevation). The problem is, if there are no items/objects selected on the given coordinates that is used by _copybase as point1 and point2 the object that it will paste in the other drawing file are the objects selected before. For example:

Sample drawing file has maximum elevation of 1000.

Lets say i have already copied from elevation 0 to 150. (assuming that the increment of elevation is 50)

After selecting elevation 150 to 200. see sample drawing below

1.png

Supposedly, there must be nothing to paste on the other drawing but when the program run _pasteorig, something was pasted and when I looked at it, the objects were the same objects as of elevation 100 to 150. My question is, is there a way to clear the objects that were copied after pasting it in the other file? Or why does it paste the objects that were copied before? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RICVBA
in reply to: bellrey

I don't know _copybase command.

I may assume that if you use selection sets then you could also check for the number of items selected and then skip the paste procedure if there were none.

Message 3 of 3
bellrey
in reply to: RICVBA

I'll give it a try

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost