VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cad primitives to excel

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
namu_
446 Views, 5 Replies

cad primitives to excel

Hello,

II have many lines or other primitives (circles, squares, etc...) I need to create information about this, such as, line is a street, so I need to write many information about all lines (such as street name, category, construction ...)

and all this information export to excel

could anybody say, how it to do?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: namu_

Hi,

>> all this information export to excel

Where have you stored the information currently? Do you have Map3D (or Civil3D) and so you have infos like streetname stored in object-data?

Or have you created a tool that has the additional data in dictionaries or EED's?

Without knowing that it's hard to tell you how to export these infos to Excel.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
namu_
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have no information at this moment. I want create something like database, and then I insert information in that database, then I want it convert to excel.

I want to do it on AutoCad, but if it is impossible, on Civil3d

Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I want to do it on AutoCad, but if it is impossible, on Civil3d

If you have Civil3D then you have Map3D functions included. Looking to object data (>>>click<<<) or using GIS data at all (like SHP or SDF, >>>overview<<<) does solve all that handling without any line of development code, it's finished ready to use right NOW! 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6
namu_

thanks, but if I want to do on AutoCad, is it possible?

Message 6 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if you want to add attributive data to AutoCAD geometry (non block geometry) then you have to develop it. It is possible, but nothing written in a few minutes.

Think also about handling like _COPY (to hold id's unique you have to react to all copy-like commands to give the copied objects new id's), command's like _BREAK (splitting one object in two) also needs to get solved from your app and that is only 2D .... A lot of work.

The options I see (without Map3D functionality).

a) you can connect your AutoCAD objects to ODBC database records (>>>details<<< to _DBCONNECT and following), I'm not sure to suggest that way as there are multiple releases of AutoCAD now passed without any new features with that.

b) you can hold attributive data in XRecords/Dictionaries

c) you can hold attributive data in XData (not recommended as it's limited to 16kB)

d) you can develop your owm database connection that might also hold the geometry in the database so you don't loose the connection between database-record and geometry.

So there are many ways possible, if we know better what you really want to achive the tips get more and more fitting to your needs.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost