VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When vba loaded acad run very slow...

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
truss_85
2962 Views, 9 Replies

When vba loaded acad run very slow...

Hi to everybody,

For a long time I faced with some kind of problem. I load some vba project it works fine, there is no error on the code.

But when I load vba from load/unload aplication, acad runs very very slow. In previous versions of acad

like 2010, 2009 the problem did not couse any disturbance because slowing down of the program can not be realized.

However in 2011 and 2012 versions slowing down is very annoying. Is there a solution for that? Has anyone face with some

kind of problem like that or any ideas what may be cause to that problem?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: truss_85

Hi,

let me guess, with AutoCAD release 2011 you changed to an 64bit operating system?

If so ... that's the reason,

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
truss_85
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes it is 2011 release I use 64 bit oprating sysytem.

Is operating system cause to that?

Message 4 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Is operating system cause to that?

Yes and no. The OS does not really cause VBA to be slower, the reason is, that there is no VBA for 64bit available from Microsoft, they did it just for 32bit and say if you have 64bit change to dotNET and that's it.

Autodesk did now a trick to have it at least working, the create a separate 32bit-process doing the VBA-job and from 64bit-AutoCAD it sends all traffic through the operating-system to the 32bit-VBA, and every request from the VBA-process to any AutoCAD-geometry/variables/properties.... are also sent from the 32bit-process via operating-system to AutoCAD.

And this (out-of-process) handling is very slow compared to running in a 32bit within the process of AutoCAD.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 10
truss_85
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you very much,

This information is very useful to me. I hope in a near future they will do something for 64 bit systems.

Message 6 of 10
coolcadman69

I have the same problem for AutoCAD 2010 - is there a solution yet? My VBA is unusable now, I need this solved ASAP - please someone can you help me?

Message 7 of 10
tomhurns
in reply to: coolcadman69

If you are dependent on VBA, in AutoCAD 2010, then by far the best solution is the Longbow Converter tool. I'm using it and I can assure you that my VBA runs as normal on 64bit Windows 7

Tom

Message 8 of 10
coolcadman69
in reply to: tomhurns

How long have you been using it for Tom?

Message 9 of 10
coolcadman69

...and thanks, by the way 🙂

Message 10 of 10
coolcadman69

Thanks Tom, I tried the Longbow Converter and now everything is running perfectly again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost