VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Code from the dvb file I wrote 3 years ago

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1211 Views, 3 Replies

Source Code from the dvb file I wrote 3 years ago

Please help...

I wrote a VBA .dvb plug in for AutoDesk Map 3d 2007-2010 a few years back.  I no longer have the laptop or AutoDesk/AutoCAD, so I am unable to open the dvb file.

I need my source code because I'm re-writing some similar routines for another program.  The source code would save me a few days worth of work.

The dvb was password protected, and I have the password.  I would be willing to e-mail the file.  Then hopefully, someone can open it for me, copy/paste the source code to a text file, and send it back to me.  Also, I could use a few screen captures of the form.  The form had 3 tabs on it, if I remember correctly.

We are no longer using the plug-in, and no one here has any copies of Autodesk or Autocad.  Further, I cannot even find any 2010 versions available on-line for purchase.  Still, I'd hate to spend thousands of $$$$ just to get back the source code that I wrote 3 to 6 years ago.

Of course, the code is proprietary, so I would have to trust someone that they would throw it away once converted to text...

If I was smart back then, I would've copied the source code to a text file...just in case!

domls3

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

you can download >>>AutoCAD 2014 trial<<<, then download and install >>>VBA-enabler<<< and so you can open the DVB by yourself without buying anything.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you very much for the reply.

I went ahead and downloaded Autodesk 2014 and the installed the VBA for 64 bit etc..., as per your links.

After fully installing everything, which went okay, I finally got into the Autodesk Visual Basic editor.  However, when I used the Import routine, it would not open the .dvb file.  This is what I was afraid of.

Question is, do I need to have a working version of 2010 to open my file?  It would seem that I can't open it in the 2014 version...

Regards,

Dominic

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Sorry about that...yes, I got it to open okay.  Thank you for your help!

Now I'm cooking with gas!

Regards,

domls

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost