VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharpdevelop and MgdDbg samples

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
348 Views, 5 Replies

Sharpdevelop and MgdDbg samples

Hi: I am getting the following error when trying to run the snoop sample from MgdDbg in Sharpdevelop. **************************************************************************** ******************** Performing main compilation... fatal error CS0009: Metadata file 'c:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\acax16enu.tlb' could not be opened -- 'There isn't metadata in the memory or stream' Build complete -- 1 errors, 0 warnings **************************************************************************** ******************** The AutoCAD 2005 help file tells me that I have to reference "acax16enu.tlb" and "axdb16enu.tlb", do I reference these as dotnet assemblies or COM interop? ~Tim Riley Note: I don't know what the heck I'm doing.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Tim Riley wrote: > fatal error CS0009: Metadata file 'c:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk > Shared\acax16enu.tlb' could not be opened -- 'There isn't metadata in the > memory or stream' Those type libraries are not .NET assemblies. If referencing the TLB files does not automatically result in a reference to Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop. dll and Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common.dll, remove the references. Next, open the References dialog and browse using the GAC tab. You should see the above named assemblies in that list. Those are the proper references. -- There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks Frank, however I removed the reference to the tlb's and just referenced the Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.dll and Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common.dll directly and I get 91 errors in my build. All say I'm missing a namespace called 'RxClass'. **************************************************************************** ******************* c:\Documents and Settings\TJRiley\My Documents\SharpDevelop Projects\snoop\SnoopClassesCompForm.cs(219,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RXClass' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Build complete -- 91 errors, 0 warnings **************************************************************************** ******************* I'm new to C# as well as .net and I'm just trying to look at some samples to get an idea of what's going on. Any help is greatly appreciated. ~Tim Riley "Frank Oquendo" wrote in message news:414f2219$1_3@newsprd01... > Tim Riley wrote: > > > fatal error CS0009: Metadata file 'c:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk > > Shared\acax16enu.tlb' could not be opened -- 'There isn't metadata in the > > memory or stream' > > Those type libraries are not .NET assemblies. > > If referencing the TLB files does not automatically result in a > reference to Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop. dll and > Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common.dll, remove the references. > > Next, open the References dialog and browse using the GAC tab. You > should see the above named assemblies in that list. Those are the proper > references. > > -- > There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who > don't.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Tim Riley wrote: > Thanks Frank, however I removed the reference to the tlb's and just > referenced the Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.dll and > Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common.dll directly and I get 91 errors in my > build. All say I'm missing a namespace called 'RxClass'. Be sure to reference acmgd.dll and acdbmgd.dll. These are the managed wrappers so you can browse for them with the .NET tab. You'll find them in your AutoCAD 2005-based product's installation folder. -- There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

You got this down pat, now, eh Frank. 🙂 Can't wait till I cross that bridge. I just recently got vb.net at home. I havn't got them to give it to me at work yet. -- ---- Ed ---- "Frank Oquendo" wrote in message news:414f2580$1_2@newsprd01... > Tim Riley wrote: > > > Thanks Frank, however I removed the reference to the tlb's and just > > referenced the Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.dll and > > Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common.dll directly and I get 91 errors in my > > build. All say I'm missing a namespace called 'RxClass'. > > Be sure to reference acmgd.dll and acdbmgd.dll. These are the managed > wrappers so you can browse for them with the .NET tab. > > You'll find them in your AutoCAD 2005-based product's installation folder. > > -- > There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who > don't.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Won't work unless there has been a recent build put out by SharpDev. For some reason the managed wrappers can't be loaded into a SharpDev session. There was a thread regarding this in either the ObjectARX group or the C# group over at CADVault. -- Mike ___________________________ Mike Tuersley CADalyst's CAD Clinic Rand IMAGINiT Technologies ___________________________ the trick is to realize that there is no spoon...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost