VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program stores data

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pipu123
278 Views, 1 Reply

Program stores data

I would like to write a program.
It draws a line, with Text shwoing his length.
I save a file and close autocad. Later I open autocad file
, i click on line, change length of the line, automatically
text shows new length ( or other data about this line).

I don't know how to store information for a longer period of time.
In a future a would like to write a program, it draws rooms (with
information about it, area). With the possibility of changing
walls.

Please write any hints, or example.
Thank You in advance

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
norman.yuan
in reply to: pipu123

Since you post here, I assume the "program" you'd like to write would somehow work inside/with AutoCAD.

However, an advanced and complicated CAD software, as AutoCAD, probably already can do what you want to do easily. Take your word for instance, you can draw a line and place a dimension to show its length. And by default the dimension is associated, so, when you change the line's length later, the dimension is updated automatically. It is a basic knowledge every AutoCAD user knows. AutoCAD probably can do a lot of others in your needs with the need to write your own program.

Having said that, customizing or programming AutoCAD do make things more efficient and easier, as long as you know AutoCAD VERY WELL and know what exactly you need.

As for store information for long period of time, if it is the silimilar scenario as you mentioned (drawing a line and later changing it length, its dimention being updated...), there is nothing you need to do: the drawing file stores all the information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost