VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle connection and 64 bit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1008 Views, 1 Reply

Oracle connection and 64 bit

I am reading data from a Oracle database using VBA.

I use Set OraSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession") to make a connection.

All works fine on a 32 bit computer, but not on a 64 bit computer.

How can I get data from Oracle on a 64 bit computer ?

Is it possible to use to Lisp or ADOlisp in stead of VBA ?

Thanks in advance,

Jan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

interesting question, because AutoCAD is running then 64bit, but VBA (the internal Server that is the primary VBA engine) is running 32bit. So at the moment I would think of you have a 64bit driver for Oracle installed and the 32bit VBA engine can't get connected to it. But for that U'm really unsure about that and sorry, I have no chance at the moment to try it.

But one principle statement to that: AutoCAD-VBA runs on 64bit so slow (depending in type of operation, but for access to AutoCAD entities you will have a factor of 100 or 1000 slower comapred to 32bit). Additionally since years Autodesk tell us that VBA will not be continued, I have no idea when it really stops, but knowing that I wouldn't do any start of development now with VBA, if you are firm in LISP, do new things in LISP, otherwise I would suggest to change to VB.NET, especially if you need connection to database you will recognize that development with dotNET based languages gives you great DB-functionality!

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost