VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDD station to xy

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
331 Views, 11 Replies

LDD station to xy

is there a command in LDD that I could give the station of an alignment and have it return the xy of that station? David Urban
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi David, You can create a point relative to an alignment and get the coordinates of the point. After that you need to write program - or have someone post one. How do you want the point data ? - to a file - to the command line - as input to another command - do you want it for the current alignment - or any alignment with you selecting the alignment as part of the process? Once you start programming all the above are easy, but the programmer needs to know what you want. -- Regards, Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "David Urban" wrote in message news:4249d6e4$1_1@newsprd01... > is there a command in LDD that I could give the station of an alignment > and have it return the xy of that station? > > David Urban
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

what i am really wanting is a routine to find the crossing of two alignments. I have one using the align.lineintersect but it doesn't work if the crossing point is in a curve. I was wanting to break the curve up into smaller points by getting the xy point for each station on a curve then test the lineintersect to see if it crossed my other alignment. Thanks David Urban Laurie Comerford wrote: > Hi David, > > You can create a point relative to an alignment and get the coordinates of > the point. > > After that you need to write program - or have someone post one. > > How do you want the point data ? > - to a file > - to the command line > - as input to another command > - do you want it for the current alignment - or any alignment with you > selecting the alignment as part of the process? > Once you start programming all the above are easy, but the programmer needs > to know what you want. >
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Align.PointLocation station,offset,px,py,direction Just feed it a station number (a double) and an offset = 0.0 PX and PY should have the values you need after the call -- Saludos, Ing. Jorge Jimenez, SICAD S.A., Costa Rica "David Urban" wrote in message news:4249d6e4$1_1@newsprd01... > is there a command in LDD that I could give the station of an alignment > and have it return the xy of that station? > > David Urban
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Thats what I am looking for. I was having a mental block and could not locate it in the help. thanks David Jorge Jimenez wrote: > Align.PointLocation station,offset,px,py,direction > > Just feed it a station number (a double) and an offset = 0.0 > PX and PY should have the values you need after the call >
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Hi David, I would do a PointLocation, then do a StationOffset with the point data on the other alignment. Use the Offset value to adjust the initial Station and cycle again. This will be more elegant than the line crossing process and most likely be far quicker as in many cases the adjustment by offset will get you quite close - particularly if you adjust the Offset first by dividing it by the sin of the difference between the Azimuths of the alignments. -- Regards, Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "David Urban" wrote in message news:424a09eb$1_3@newsprd01... > Thats what I am looking for. I was having a mental block and could not > locate it in the help. > > thanks > > David > > Jorge Jimenez wrote: >> Align.PointLocation station,offset,px,py,direction >> >> Just feed it a station number (a double) and an offset = 0.0 >> PX and PY should have the values you need after the call >>
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Laurie I am alittle confused by your suggestion. here is what I came up with. I works great if the current alignment crosses the curve or if it ends on the inside of the curve but not on the outside of the curve. let me know what you think. This code is alittle/alot slow. thanks David the curve is the curve on the intersecting alignment ie align2. align is the current alignment and is a global variable. Private Function curveintersection(curve As AeccAlignCurve, align2 As AeccAlignment, crossing As Variant) As Boolean Dim dStart(2) As Double, dEnd(2) As Double Dim StaOffDirS(2) As Double, Polarpt As Variant Dim crossings As Variant, xy(2) As Double ReDim crossing(3) Dim x As Integer On Error Resume Next For x = curve.StartingStation To curve.EndingStation + 1 Step curve.length / 10 align2.PointLocation x, 0, dStart(0), dStart(1), 0 align2.PointLocation x + 1, 0, dEnd(0), dEnd(1), 0 crossings = align.LineIntersection(dStart(0), dStart(1), dEnd(0), dEnd(1)) If Err.number = 0 Then Err.clear align2.StationOffset crossings(2), crossings(3), StaOffDirS(0), StaOffDirS(1), StaOffDirS(2) xy(0) = crossings(2): xy(1) = crossings(3) Polarpt = pUtil.PolarPoint(xy, crossings(1), StaOffDirS(1)) xy(0) = Polarpt(0): xy(1) = Polarpt(1) align.StationOffset xy(0), xy(1), StaOffDirS(0), StaOffDirS(1), StaOffDirS(2) If Err.number = 0 Then If Abs(StaOffDirS(1)) < 0.1 Then crossing(0) = StaOffDirS(0): crossing(1) = StaOffDirS(1): crossing(2) = xy(0): crossing(3) = xy(1) curveintersection = True Exit For End If End If End If Err.clear Next x End Function
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

David, if what you need is the intersection why not search for the intersection between each entity of Align1 and all entities of Align2 -- Saludos, Ing. Jorge Jimenez, SICAD S.A., Costa Rica "David Urban" wrote in message news:424a1ebd$1_3@newsprd01... > Laurie > > I am alittle confused by your suggestion. here is what I came up with. I > works great if the current alignment crosses the curve or if it ends on > the inside of the curve but not on the outside of the curve. let me know > what you think. This code is alittle/alot slow. > > thanks > > David > > the curve is the curve on the intersecting alignment ie align2. > align is the current alignment and is a global variable. > > Private Function curveintersection(curve As AeccAlignCurve, align2 As > AeccAlignment, crossing As Variant) As Boolean > Dim dStart(2) As Double, dEnd(2) As Double > Dim StaOffDirS(2) As Double, Polarpt As Variant > Dim crossings As Variant, xy(2) As Double > ReDim crossing(3) > Dim x As Integer > > On Error Resume Next > For x = curve.StartingStation To curve.EndingStation + 1 Step curve.length > / 10 > align2.PointLocation x, 0, dStart(0), dStart(1), 0 > align2.PointLocation x + 1, 0, dEnd(0), dEnd(1), 0 > crossings = align.LineIntersection(dStart(0), dStart(1), dEnd(0), > dEnd(1)) > If Err.number = 0 Then > Err.clear > align2.StationOffset crossings(2), crossings(3), StaOffDirS(0), > StaOffDirS(1), StaOffDirS(2) > xy(0) = crossings(2): xy(1) = crossings(3) > Polarpt = pUtil.PolarPoint(xy, crossings(1), StaOffDirS(1)) > xy(0) = Polarpt(0): xy(1) = Polarpt(1) > align.StationOffset xy(0), xy(1), StaOffDirS(0), StaOffDirS(1), > StaOffDirS(2) > If Err.number = 0 Then > If Abs(StaOffDirS(1)) < 0.1 Then > crossing(0) = StaOffDirS(0): crossing(1) = StaOffDirS(1): > crossing(2) = xy(0): crossing(3) = xy(1) > curveintersection = True > Exit For > End If > End If > End If > Err.clear > Next x > > > End Function
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Jorge I am doing that and only works when all of my entities are straight lines. I need a way to search when align2 entity is a curve. That is when I started to write this function. I have a much longer one but it has its limitations also so I was trying a more crude method. David Jorge Jimenez wrote: > David, if what you need is the intersection > why not search for the intersection > between each entity of Align1 and all entities of Align2 >
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Hi David, Start with this. It's not tested, but shows what I meant. Note that it is totally independent of whether either alignment is or isn't curved at the intersection point. -- Regards, Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au Sub CrossingAlignments() Dim oAlign1 As AeccAlignment Dim oAlign2 As AeccAlignment Dim dChn1 As Double Dim dChn2 As Double Dim dOff1 As Double Dim dOff2 As Double Dim dAzi1 As Double Dim dAzi2 As Double Dim dEast As Double Dim dNorth As Double ' Use what ever suitable method you have to set the two alignments Set oAlign1 = AeccApplication.ActiveProject.Alignments.Item(0) Set oAlign1 = AeccApplication.ActiveProject.Alignments.Item(1) ''' Set chn1 to a reasonable value here On Error GoTo ErrorHandler oAlign1.PointLocation chn1, dOff1, dEast, dNorth, dAzi1 oAlign2.StationOffset dEast, dNorth, chn1, dOff2, dAzi2 Do While dOff2 < 0.001 ' Or whatever tolerance you want dOff2 = dOff2 / Sin(dAzi1 - dAzi2) ' You might want to sketch the geometry to confirm my guesswork chn1 = chn1 + dOff2 ' Since I haven't tested this you may need to replace the "+" with a "-" or allow for both oAlign1.PointLocation chn1, dOff1, dEast, dNorth, dAzi1 oAlign2.StationOffset dEast, dNorth, chn1, dOff2, dAzi2 Loop ErrorHandler: MsgBox "Possibly the alignments don't intersection in the vicinity of the starting chainage" End Sub ' CrossingAlignments "David Urban" wrote in message news:424a1ebd$1_3@newsprd01... > Laurie > > I am alittle confused by your suggestion. here is what I came up with. I > works great if the current alignment crosses the curve or if it ends on > the inside of the curve but not on the outside of the curve. let me know > what you think. This code is alittle/alot slow. > > thanks > > David > > the curve is the curve on the intersecting alignment ie align2. > align is the current alignment and is a global variable. > > Private Function curveintersection(curve As AeccAlignCurve, align2 As > AeccAlignment, crossing As Variant) As Boolean > Dim dStart(2) As Double, dEnd(2) As Double > Dim StaOffDirS(2) As Double, Polarpt As Variant > Dim crossings As Variant, xy(2) As Double > ReDim crossing(3) > Dim x As Integer > > On Error Resume Next > For x = curve.StartingStation To curve.EndingStation + 1 Step curve.length > / 10 > align2.PointLocation x, 0, dStart(0), dStart(1), 0 > align2.PointLocation x + 1, 0, dEnd(0), dEnd(1), 0 > crossings = align.LineIntersection(dStart(0), dStart(1), dEnd(0), > dEnd(1)) > If Err.number = 0 Then > Err.clear > align2.StationOffset crossings(2), crossings(3), StaOffDirS(0), > StaOffDirS(1), StaOffDirS(2) > xy(0) = crossings(2): xy(1) = crossings(3) > Polarpt = pUtil.PolarPoint(xy, crossings(1), StaOffDirS(1)) > xy(0) = Polarpt(0): xy(1) = Polarpt(1) > align.StationOffset xy(0), xy(1), StaOffDirS(0), StaOffDirS(1), > StaOffDirS(2) > If Err.number = 0 Then > If Abs(StaOffDirS(1)) < 0.1 Then > crossing(0) = StaOffDirS(0): crossing(1) = StaOffDirS(1): > crossing(2) = xy(0): crossing(3) = xy(1) > curveintersection = True > Exit For > End If > End If > End If > Err.clear > Next x > > > End Function
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

No need to complicate things just use standard math to figure the intersection between the entities For example, if the entities are AlignCurve and AlignTangent just look for the intersection between the line and a circle (the aligncurve object will have radius and center point properties allready setup for you) -- Saludos, Ing. Jorge Jimenez, SICAD S.A., Costa Rica "David Urban" wrote in message news:424a2281$1_1@newsprd01... > Jorge > > I am doing that and only works when all of my entities are straight lines. > I need a way to search when align2 entity is a curve. That is when I > started to write this function. I have a much longer one but it has its > limitations also so I was trying a more crude method. > > David > > Jorge Jimenez wrote: >> David, if what you need is the intersection >> why not search for the intersection >> between each entity of Align1 and all entities of Align2 >>
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks Laurie I think your method and my method are similar. I take the offset and direction and find a polar point at the distance of the offset at the direction and it comes close. Thanks for the mental exercise and the quick response after hours in the US. David Urban Laurie Comerford wrote: > Hi David, > > Start with this. It's not tested, but shows what I meant. > Note that it is totally independent of whether either alignment is or isn't > curved at the intersection point. >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost