VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dinamically link a sheet list table to excel?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ruipfbarreiros
624 Views, 3 Replies

How to dinamically link a sheet list table to excel?

Hi,

I'm created a sheet set in autocad and now i'm trying to figure out how to extract the sheet set data to excel dinamically, that is, without resorting to manually exporting the sheet list table to a .csv file.

I'm considering a couple of ways:

1 - Somehow extract data directly from the .dst file to excel. Is this possible?

2 - Create a .dwg file with a layout which has a sheet list table. Then, somehow link the table to an excel file automatically. Would this be possible through programming?

3 - Other options?

It would really improve the workflow if I could define sheet data in sheet set manager only, and then have that data dinamically linked to excel to be used as needed.

Could you help me?

Thanks

---------------------------------------

Using Building Design Suite 2019
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

anyone?

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: ruipfbarreiros
Message 4 of 4
ruipfbarreiros
in reply to: pendean

yes i do have that tool...the thing is, i want to have it dinamically linked, so that i don't have to open SSMPropEditor and manually export the data to excel...

now i realise that i can only achieve that through programming vba in excel to extract data from the .dst file...could you give me any pointers in that direction? I do have some knowledge in vba but i'd like to see an example to speed up the learning process...

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost