VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a List of Attribute Names for Use with ATTEXT

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wcdiblasi
394 Views, 1 Reply

Creating a List of Attribute Names for Use with ATTEXT

Hello,

I am fishing around for information that will help abstract my macro one more level. I coded an excel macro to run the following statement on a given set of drawings:

DWG.SendCommand ("FILEDIA" & vbCr & "0" & vbCr & "-ATTEXT" & vbCr & "C" & vbCr & ExtTemplate & vbCr & ExtPath & vbCr & "Y" & vbCr & "FILEDIA" & vbCr & "1" & vbCr)

Yielding text files which I consolidate into Excel to generate a full attribute extraction of the drawing set. My question concerns the extraction template file used in the ATTEXT command (shown as ExtTemplate in the code above). As it stands now, the Excel user must provide the attribute tags they want to extract and then I generate the proper extraction template in the background. My goal would be to eliminate this step from the user side and simply extract all attributes in the drawing instead of a designated few.

If you know a better way to do this using the ATTEXT command or a way to do this without the ATTEXT command at all, I would be grateful to hear it. From my current perspective however, I believe I would need to query the drawing to get a list of all attribute tags it contains, then configure the extraction template to use all the tags from that query. I cannot figure out a way to generate this list of tags. So, that is my question but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Hallex
in reply to: wcdiblasi

Found this one from my oldies,

see if this will helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost