VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CommonDialogControl

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
273 Views, 2 Replies

CommonDialogControl

I'm working with AutoCAD 2014 VBA.
I can not find the ocx of the Microsoft common dialog control in additional controls, while there is in the references?
how come? does anyone have any idea?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
norman.yuan
in reply to: Anonymous

That is because that you are very likely using 64-bit AutoCAD 2014 (who does not?).

Since AutoCAD 2014, the VBA used for 64-bit AutoCAD is also 64-bit. This is different for previous version of AutoCAD: VBA remains as 32-bit process running outside AutoCAD process, if the AutoCAD is 64-bit.

While with 64-bit VBA now runs in the same procesds of 64-bit AutoCAD, the infanous "slowness" of VBA (32-bit) for previous 64-bit AutoCAD should go away, the practical usage of 64-bit VBA is a bit limited to existing VBA application, if one want to update the existing VBA code to AutoCAD 2014 64-bit, espcially when the VBA apps have a lot of UI (user forms) that uses 32-bit controls: most commonly used 32-bit control components simply do not have 64-bit version replacement.

So, if you want to run VBA in AutoCAD 2014 64-bit, you are limited to the components built into VBA (MS Forms controls). Thus, there is no CommonDialogControl.

You'll need to either use AutoCAD 2014 32-bit,or you have to find needed 64-bit components (very hard). IN the case of CommandDialog, you could directly call Windows API (if you know how to).

If I had UI intensive application requirement, I'd not try 64-bit VBA, in the case of AutoCAD 2014.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: norman.yuan

In 2014 will not work even the 32-bit API

I had to use an Excel object: Filedialog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost