VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN SHIFT+MIDDLE MOUSE DRAG BE ASSIGNED TO FREE PAN (& NOT ORTHO-CONSTRAIN PAN)?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Macho3001
552 Views, 0 Replies

CAN SHIFT+MIDDLE MOUSE DRAG BE ASSIGNED TO FREE PAN (& NOT ORTHO-CONSTRAIN PAN)?

Hi Smiley Sad !!

I am an architect and have to specifically switch between various applications including AutoCAD. In other software, I am severely accustomed (entrenched within blood Smiley Surprised to use Shift+Middle button drag as PAN, and not just middle button drag. To be able to have ONE way of using pan betwen all, is it possible that the Shift+Middle button drag result in free movement PAN (Currently it results in orthogonal constrained pan).

Somehow I cannot bring myself to only use the middle button drag to pan in AutoCAD, and instinctively press the shift button alongwith, which constrains the pan drag to ONLY x and y axis and is a tremendous cause for frustration. (Trust me it drives me crazy Smiley Mad !!)

PS: I tried using XMOUSE, but it didn't work out. I couldn't atleast do it by myself with my limited understanding of XMOUSE. I also tried customizing AutoCAD through the CUI by assigning Shift+Middle Click to Pan, but what it does is it initiates the pan command, and then I have to use the LEFT mouse button to pan.... arghhhh !!! 

Any help in this will be DEEPLY APPRECIATED, please, before I reach the mental asylum.

One way that I thought this could be done was to DISABLE the Shift key in AutoCAD altogether.. so when I do press shift with middle-drag, AutoCAD doesn't "see" the Shift key at all... Can this be done? Anyways I do not use the shift key for any shortcuts/overrides in Acad.

A billion thanks, kudos and a cup of hot chocolate to whoever could help me with this, in advance.

Ar. Nitin Sharma

(Macho3001)

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost