VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Amremad
242 Views, 1 Reply

CADLogs

hi all

i made function do logfile contains (open & save & close & save as ) no problem with this

i need to add plot time & plotting device name & paper size & no of printing to this log file ??

so where can i catch all this information during plotting ???

also if i can catch all moving like draw ( line , arc , or others object ) this is possible???

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
norman.yuan
in reply to: Amremad

If you use VBA code for the logging, then you can only log very limited Acad activities because the COM object model exposes limited AutoCAD events. For example, to log plotting information, you only have AcadDocument.Begin/EndPlot events to handle, which only let you know when the plotting starts/ends and the drawing name.

If you can only use VBA/COM, and you have to have detailed logging, one technically doable (but I'd not recommend it) solution would be to write your own plotting code and undefine the built-in plotting command, so that plotting ALWAYS do through your code. This way, your code can log whatever you want.

Another better aproach is to use ObjectARX/.NET API, which is a lot more powerful in terms of what you can do/log. See one of my post on logging plotting:

http://drive-cad-with-code.blogspot.ca/2011/02/log-autocads-plotting.html

With .NET API, logging more Acad activities than plotting can be easily done. At this moment, moving to Acad .NET API isn't some new any more.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost