VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
219 Views, 4 Replies

Add-Ins?

I would like to write an add-in to simplify my very repetitive code writing in AutoCAD vba, but i cant figure out how? Is it possible? I'd love to be able to get it to write a few hundrend lines of code for me per project... -A
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you have vb6. Not with vba, though. -- ---- Ed ---- "Anthony" wrote in message news:40ec35e3$1_3@newsprd01... > I would like to write an add-in to simplify my very repetitive code writing > in AutoCAD vba, but i cant figure out how? Is it possible? I'd love to be > able to get it to write a few hundrend lines of code for me per project... > > -A > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

check out the vbe object model references: Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3 as Ed says, not an add-in per se but you can write your code that way "Anthony" wrote in message news:40ec35e3$1_3@newsprd01... > I would like to write an add-in to simplify my very repetitive code writing > in AutoCAD vba, but i cant figure out how? Is it possible? I'd love to be > able to get it to write a few hundrend lines of code for me per project... > > -A > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I have VB 6 installed on my comp and I found a simple add-in example, but it doesnt seem to work in AutoCad's Add-in manager (however it works fine in the VB6 add-in manager). -A "Ed Jobe" wrote in message news:40ec3d84_1@newsprd01... > If you have vb6. Not with vba, though. > > -- > ---- > Ed > ---- > "Anthony" wrote in message > news:40ec35e3$1_3@newsprd01... > > I would like to write an add-in to simplify my very repetitive code > writing > > in AutoCAD vba, but i cant figure out how? Is it possible? I'd love to be > > able to get it to write a few hundrend lines of code for me per project... > > > > -A > > > > > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I recently created an add-in that adds error handling to the function/sub your cursor is in. Create a new project and select "Addin" for the type of project. This will create an addin for vb. You can't create an addin that will work both in vb and vba since both ide's have similar object models with objects having the same name. In the project browser, dc on the designer for connecting to the ide. Change its Application property from VB to vba ide. Go to Project>References and make sure that the reference to the vb ide is unchecked and that "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibilty 5.3" is checked. That should be all you need to do. -- ---- Ed ---- "Anthony" wrote in message news:40ec4510_1@newsprd01... > I have VB 6 installed on my comp and I found a simple add-in example, but it > doesnt seem to work in AutoCad's Add-in manager (however it works fine in > the VB6 add-in manager). > > -A > > "Ed Jobe" wrote in message > news:40ec3d84_1@newsprd01... > > If you have vb6. Not with vba, though. > > > > -- > > ---- > > Ed > > ---- > > "Anthony" wrote in message > > news:40ec35e3$1_3@newsprd01... > > > I would like to write an add-in to simplify my very repetitive code > > writing > > > in AutoCAD vba, but i cant figure out how? Is it possible? I'd love to > be > > > able to get it to write a few hundrend lines of code for me per > project... > > > > > > -A > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost