VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 to 2011 Migration: AutoCAD\Objectdbx Common 17.0 Type Library problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
paul.ashley
1721 Views, 3 Replies

2008 to 2011 Migration: AutoCAD\Objectdbx Common 17.0 Type Library problem

We are testing our 2008 VBA customization in AutoCAD 2011.  We are also testing in in two environments, XP 32 bit and Window 7 64.  The XP environment has both AutoCAD 2008 and 2011 loaded.

Everything works fine in AutoCAD 2011 in the XP 2008/2011 environment.

In the Windows 7 64 buit environment, with only AutoCAD 2011 loaded, some modules aren't working.

From what I can gather this has to do with the difference in the references loaded between the two environments.  

In the Windows 7 environment, I tried getting rid of the AutoCAD 2011 Type Library and replaced it with the 2008 Library.  Again, most functions still worked but some not. 

I next tried referencing the file that is named as autocad/objectdbx common 17.0 Type Library (axdb17enu.tlb) in the XP load but when is does load, it gets another name, AXDBlib.

I am NOT a VB programmer.  This code was written for us by an outside source who now works for Autodesk.  I may have to ask him for help but I thought I'd try here first.

I've attached images of the two Reference list windows.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
paul.ashley
in reply to: paul.ashley

I'll add that Debugging upon the error goes to this: frmAssignSeal.Show vbModal

Message 3 of 4
ricky.medley
in reply to: paul.ashley

Did this problem get resolved for you?

If so, what was your solution?

Message 4 of 4
paul.ashley
in reply to: ricky.medley

I believe I finally solved this by adding axdb17enu.tlb to the Common Files\Autodesk Shared folder.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost