Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Mirror 2014 behavior

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
604 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Mirror 2014 behavior

I have tested the new Vault Mirror 2014 version and have found that it works as nicely as prior versions.  However, the FullMirror option seems to work differently than in prior versions and I wanted to get some feedback as to whether others have found the same behaviour.

In prior versions when I ran VaultMirror with the FullMirror option it first deleted the entire destination folder and then recreated all the files and folders.  When I run the FullMirror now it seems to be checking for the current content being up to date and not altering anything that is up to date, it just updates what is new or deletes what has been deleted, much like the PartialMirror option used to do.   Or course, PartialMirror doesn't delete content.   It still takes longer to Run a FullMirror than a PartialMirror but if there is no updated content it only take a few minutes whereas a FullMirror always took about 1.5 Hrs before.

Is this new behaviour by design or is my Vault Mirror 2014 install not working properly?

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
olearya
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Dave,

Thanks for post and feedback on the behavior - can you clarify here whether you are actually mirroring files to your working folder? This was a new enhancement in 2014 and will behave differently.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: olearya

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

No I am not mirroring to my working folder, it is going to a totally
separate folder that I'm specifying with the -F parameter. I am using
the new -noFail command option but even if I run the FullMirror from the
GUI interface rather than the command line I get the same result. I
don't believe you can specify the -noFail or -WF options when using the
GUI. Here is my command line statement:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Vault Mirror\VaultMirror.exe"
-FullMirror -U administrator -P xxxxx -S "Inventor-VM" -V Inventor -F
V:\Vaultmirror -L Full.log -noFail

In my post I indicated that the current VaultMirror I am using (2012)
would delete all the files in the destination folder when it ran. I
should have said that it overwrites all the files in the destination
folder.

Dave
Message 4 of 4
olearya
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Dave,

I can confirm I am seeing the same here regards new Vault Mirror behavior and have been advised this is working as designed - looking back I cannot see anywhere this behavior was communicated as having been changed though we have of course introduced a number of performance improvements with this app.

At the moment I do not have a 2012 environment to compare with, but suggest as this appears to be the correct behavior and is functioning correctly you should not have anything to be concerned about.

Hope this helps,

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report