Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Mirror 14 in command line

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Nata_ly
688 Views, 5 Replies

Vault Mirror 14 in command line

Hi!

I'm a new to using command line, so could you help me please?

I need to start Partial Mirror from command line, so I tape:
C:\Users\****>cd "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\Autodesk Vault Mirror 2014.bundle\Contents\V2014\" (to change directory)

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\Autodesk Vault Mirror 2014.bundle\Contents\V2014>VaultMirror -PartialMirror -U test -P test -S s-vserver22 -V AOTCVault -L "D:\5\VaultMirror.log" -WR "D:\5" -noFail

But nothing is going on! No error message or smth else. Vault Mirror doesn't appears in processes.

I can call Vault Mirror window without problem, but there are only empty fields:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\Autodesk Vault Mirror 2014.bundle\Contents\V2014>VaultMirror

But I need to make .bat file for Windows task, so I need have all command options in it.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Nata_ly
in reply to: Nata_ly

-WF "D:\5" -noFail  , of course

Message 3 of 6
olearya

Hi Nata_ly,

The issue here may be the use of -WF.  This switch sets the Vault mirror to use your workspace for downloading, so you don't require a path.  If you want to set the folder location you need to use the -F switch.

The readme could be clearer on this - I am going to look at some better examples.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6
Nata_ly
in reply to: olearya

Thank you for reply!

But it's strange, because in help for this software I can see:

Can be run from UI or command line Usage:  VaultMirror [-PartialMirror | -FullMirror] [-U user] [-P pass] [-S server] [-V vault] [-L logfile] [-WF Working Folder] [-noFail Move to next file on fail]

Message 5 of 6
Nata_ly
in reply to: olearya

But... it works!

So it's readme file issue.

Thank you very much!

Message 6 of 6
olearya

No problems - we added -WF in 2014 and I think we got a little over excited and removed the "-F" switch from the documentation 🙂 

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report