Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Mirror fails when ran from batch file

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
karthur1
971 Views, 10 Replies

Full Mirror fails when ran from batch file

I have a batch file for both the partial and the full vault mirror setup.  Both are ran from using the Windows Task Scheduler.  I have the Full mirror setup to run once each night.  My problem is the full mirror fails to complete.  In the error log I get different messages.  Here is a cut/paste of a few of them.

6/7/2012 7:00:00 PM System.Exception: Logon failed.    at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServicesTools.WebServiceManager.SignIn()

6/6/2012 7:00:00 PM System.Exception: Logon failed.    at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServicesTools.WebServiceManager.SignIn()

6/6/2012 7:00:00 PM System.Exception: Logon failed.    at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServicesTools.WebServiceManager.SignIn()

6/5/2012 7:00:00 PM System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. --->

6/4/2012 7:00:00 PM System.Exception: Logon failed.    at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServicesTools.WebServiceManager.SignIn()

5/29/2012 7:00:00 PM System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. --->

I can run the full mirror from the Vault Mirror dialog using the same parameters as in my batch file and it will run.  the partial vault mirror works fine from both the task scheduler batch file and from the dialog.

Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
olearya
in reply to: karthur1

Hey there,

This does seem to be a logon error.  You may need to check the actual Vault log in credentials but also do you know if the sa password is set as default or has this been changed?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 11
karthur1

The Sa password has changed. The batch file that I run the partial mirror from works fine. It uses my password and username. I copied this batch file and just changed the partial vault mirror in the command line to full vault mirror.
I can also run the ull vault mirror from the dialog with my username and password.
Message 4 of 11
olearya

Ah - I should have noted that the partial was working OK - sorry.  The batch file can behave differently to direct login but if one batch file works and not the other this is odd  - let me get back to you.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 11
Redmond.D
in reply to: olearya

This one is my fault.  There is a missing command line parameter in the documentation.  There is an -F parameter that can be used to specify the output folder.

Try something like this and let me know if:

VaultMirror -PartialMirror -U Administrator -P pass -S localhost -V vault -F C:\Mirror -L out.txt

Command line usage should be:

VaultMirror [-PartialMirror | -FullMirror] [-U user] [-P pass] [-S server] [-V vault] [-F folder] [-L logfile]

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 11
karthur1
in reply to: Redmond.D

Doug,

This is the command line that I'm using for the Full mirror (which fails).  The partial mirror works fine with the same coammand line, but I have replaced "-FullMirror" with "PartialMirror".

VaultMirror-BaseVault.exe -FullMirror -f "\\fmi3\Inventor\Vault Mirror" -L vaultmirrorerror.log -s fmi2 -v Vault -u administrator -p fmi

Kirk

Message 7 of 11
Redmond.D

Can you paste your Partical Mirror command line.  Feel free to change or blank out the password.

Also, it appears that you are using the modified version of Vault Mirror that I created for Vault Basic 2012 users.  Is that correct?

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 11
karthur1

Yes, I am using Vault Basic 2012.

Here's the partial vault command line that I'm using.

VaultMirror-BaseVault.exe -PartialMirror -f "\\fmi3\Inventor\Vault Mirror" -L vaultmirrorerror.log -s fmi2 -v Vault -u administrator -p fmi

Message 9 of 11
Redmond.D

I'm still unable to reproduce.  Both full mirror and partial mirror work for me and I'm using VaultMirror-BaseVault.exe.

Does VaultMirror fail right away, or does it fail in the middle of copying files?  Can you post the entire log file?

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 11
karthur1

Doug,

I just now recopied the VaultMirror-BaseVault.exe from original zip file (just to make sure nothing has gotten hosed with the .exe).  I then manually ran the FullMirror.bat file.  When I did that, the command prompt came up.  Its been up for several minutes now. I just checked the Windows Task Manager.  It shows VaultMirror-Base Vault.exe working.

I'll let it run (been about 5 minutes now) and see if it works.  It usually takes it several hours to do a full mirror when I do it from the dialog.

Will report back when its fininshed.

Thanks

Message 11 of 11
karthur1

The full mirror completed. YEAAAAH.

I'll set the task to run tonight again and see if it works.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report