Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work List to Outlook tie in

Work List to Outlook tie in

When an ECO is generated, a work list item is created for those on the ECO routing.  I would like to be able to link this to, or use it to create, an MS Outlook task.  Either that or tweak the work list items so they behave like a task in Outlook.  It would be nice to have the ability to set the state of the task, the percentage complete... and also use reminders and alerts for the due dates.  Right now a work list item just.... sits there... looking pretty.  🙂

4 Comments
MiWaNiZa
Advocate

The good way is to link ECOs with Microsoft Exceange. But add Outlook task export too.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

tschaeferZNBXX
Advisor

In my previous life I worked with a DMS that allowed users to have a "To Do List", this housed what files they currently had checked out, that was assigned to them to check or review and also files that they were requested to approve.  It would be nice to replace the "Home" or add another option that is something similar.  

This would allow you to quickly see if someone has asked you or assigned you to check/approve a document/file or what files you have checked out at the end of the day.

I know that Change orders are a good way of doing this but my company does not use them right now and more then likely never will until you can create, approve and release Change Orders in the Thin Client.  There are way too many people that would access them that would not need to know Vault or have the Thick client.

xavier_dumont2
Collaborator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report