Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
10 Kudos
mthomas

View Change Orders from the web (thin) client

by *Expert Elite* on ‎06-21-2012 06:12 AM

From the Vault Web Client all you can see on an item is if its in a change order. I would like to be able to click on the change order icon and see the change order title, description, and current state.

Comments
by Contributor dmiller on ‎07-03-2012 08:09 AM

I agree.  Many times we have employees that don't need to alter or interact with a change order, they just need to review it or look it up for reference purposes (Sales e.g. to support an existing sales order or Purchasing to notifiy a supplier of a change to an item with an active PO). It would also be nice if the web client could be configured which ECO properties to show.

by Board Manager on ‎07-05-2012 12:21 PM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Board Manager on ‎09-28-2012 06:53 AM
Status changed to: Comments Requested

by Valued Contributor sathersc23 on ‎10-19-2012 12:40 PM

We paid for 8 extra licenses of Vault to get this functionality.

by Active Contributor cadsupport on ‎07-29-2013 07:41 AM

Status changes in Vault Webclient would be a nice thing.

Our reviewer's for welding quality management for example don't have CAD workstation but only citrix clients.

It would be great if they could simply review drawings and reject or accept them (possibly with a comment).

by Valued Contributor Neil_Cross on ‎05-19-2014 08:44 PM

The web/thin client is intended for non-engineering based Vault access.  Obviously this could vary based on organisational requirements, but I find that a high majority of these people are needing to view what is changing within the design process.  However, you cannot view ECOs in the web/thin client.  Thus rendering the web/thin client an obsolete entity in a lot of companies using ECOs within Vault.

Granting access to ECOs for staff who don't require a full client license would be a huge help for a lot of customers, it's pretty straight forward and clear that this would be beneficial and I can't think of any valid reason why ECOs should be ommitted from the web/thin client.

Cheers.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count