Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault wishlist item - get rid of NEW from Rename

Vault wishlist item - get rid of NEW from Rename

I'd like to either get rid of the automated NEW or at least have it as a setting somewhere.

10 Comments
cliff.haynes
Contributor

Under numbering scheme you can uncheck the prefix box. That should help.

Thanks Cliff.

That helps but you have to keep doing it. Would be good to see a permanent setting to turn it off.

To any Vault support tech's out there please add this as a wishlist item for me (I can't find the Vault wishlist site).

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

masterkreek
Participant

Please fix this . so that When i deselect the Default prefix it stays deselected so it won't default to having a prefix of new everytime i go back into a rename session.

ic198
Advocate

If I could vote for this 10 times I would- this Vault behaviour is so frustrating.

RickBrown7019
Explorer

Likewise.  As I dig deeper into Inventor I find more and more ill conceived software design that forces the end user to accept a default behavior rather than give them control of an option. I'm not sure if this is something that Autodesk have the least interest in fixing though. Frustrating.

rthroop
Explorer

Any news on this front?

Would love to avoid having to uncheck the "New" prefix every durn time...

jp.studt
Explorer

After being very annoyed by this behavior, I was searching for a solution and eventually found this wishlist item.

The fact that this problem has been known by Autodesk since 2012 is ridiculous.

Adding a "NEW " into a renaming function does not even make any sense. Typically you just wand to correct a typo in the filename, or change the name to something useful. A file with some random "NEW" at the beginning is definitely nothing useful.

There should be the possibility to define standards for all preferences in the numbering scheme dialog.

Autodesk, please fix this. This is not the behavior of a professional working tool.

maxime.dupont.
Explorer

Please fix this.

bryan
Enthusiast

Yes, it would be nice to be able to change this permanently. Also along these same lines, is there a way to create a numbering scheme where you can put a fixed text prefix in front of the part number that is already there.

For example, if I want to rename part 100000.ipt to DELETE ME 100000.ipt, is there a scheme you can make that will just add in the fixed (DELETE ME ) text automatically?

Thanks,

Brandon Ryan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report