Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault "Environments" do not reset on change

Vault "Environments" do not reset on change

I am constantly jumping back and forth between Project Explorer, Item Master, and Change Order while administering files in the Vault.

It is a giant pain to keep continuously re-searching the relevant files I am working on as I switch environments. It would be nice if a search or folder view etc was maintained when switching between environments. This could be a toggle option for those who prefer the environments reset when switching.

Regards,

-Sam

7 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted
Sam, can you clarify a little more what trouble you are having? Are you having to perform another search everytime you which between explorer, Items and Change Orders? Have you tried using the advanced search? You can save an advanced search and this dialog will remain open when you go to a particular object.
sathersc23
Advocate

That sort of satisfies the issue.

ihayesjr
Community Manager

Is there more that we can do?

Gene.R
Advocate

The functionality is there partially, but is not consistent between environments.

• When switching between Change Order List and Items, or Change Order List and Project Explorer it always remembers the last change order you were on but not the last file or last item.

The Move Backward and Move Forward comand could be smarter and currently does not function the way I would expect it to.

• When using the back button it takes you back to the folder you were in but not the file you had highlited prev,
  • When using the back button it takes you back to the item master root but not to the item you had hilited prev.
  • When using the back button it does not take you back to a basic search result, just takes you back to the root of the Project explorer or item master environment.

cbenner
Mentor

I usually only have to search once.  When in the file I select "Go To Item"... when in Item master, I select the file and right click "Go To Folder".  These two take me back and forth quite handily without losing the file or Item I am looking for.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Vault product team
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report