Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Splash Screen - Allow it to be hidden when you click somewhere else

Vault Splash Screen - Allow it to be hidden when you click somewhere else

When starting Vault Explorer (all flavours) 2013/2014/2015. the loading splash screen stays on top of everything while Vault loads. There is no way to hide it. This means you can't look at or do anything else in windows while you wait for the application to load. Where it is particularly frustrating, is when an error message pops up on loading and ends up hidden behind the splash screen. The only way you can continue, is to click on the message box in the task bar, and then use "Alt+Spacebar+M" and the arrow keys or mouse, to move the error dialog out from behind the splash screen.

I believe this is a regression. I'm sure that this behaviour was not present in earlier releases, but I could be wrong. More importantly, it is inconsistent with every other Autodesk product I have used. Usually, while the application is loading, you can click somewhere other than the splash screen, and it will hide it behind the active window.

7 Comments
scottmoyse
Mentor

I think it was like it from 2012 onwards.

mthomas
Collaborator

I agree with Gavin, this is extremely frustrating. I like the splash screen in that I know Vault is starting but don't like that it stays on the top

Mike

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Thank you for posting this idea. We will look into what we can do for it.
karthur1
Mentor

Wow... I think that is a record for the fastest "accepted" solution... Less 24 hrs.  Way to go Irvin!!

Kirk

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented
gavbath
Collaborator

Great news to see this one has been implemented! Thank you.

I know it was a minor detail, but it provided so much frustration over the last few years, in small 8 second chunks.

About to test the update now.

gavbath
Collaborator

Just tested it, and it works! The splash screen now disappears when you click somewhere else on the screen. Fantastic.

But... the build number in "Help" --> "About" still says 19.0.49.0 when the Hotfix is 19.0.49.20

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report