Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Installation Wizard

Vault Installation Wizard

This is really low priority, more a cosmetic quality of life thing which won't affect too many people I wouldn't think.

I do a lot of Vault Server installations, and in the world of virtualisation a lot of Vault servers are now VM based which you tend to access over remote desktop.

Also, some installations are done over VPN, over slow/poor connections.  Personally I find RDP is perfectly workable, until the wonderfully colourful snazzy data rich installation dialog box appears with it's ever changing artistic quirky background images.  These images cause chaos over slow lines whilst RDP is in session, I'm sitting right now watching my RDP session connecting from Aus to the UK flicker and jerk as it tries to render and capture the flowing colourful images being sent by the Vault Server installation wizard, I can't select anything until it's rendered each frame which is ever changing.  It's so much of a bottleneck that I have to minimise the dialog whilst it installs.

Please consider removing these silly pictures from the Vault Server installation process, they're not required for a server side install.  Please make the dialogs basic and not so visually loaded, or at least give me the option to launch it without them.

Cheers, Neil.

4 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

PACDrafting
Collaborator

I second this.

At least have the ability to stop these images.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Vault product team
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report