Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress Read-Only Message

Suppress Read-Only Message

When after selecting 'No' to 'check out' document, its irritating to then again answer 'yes' to the question 'open document read-only'.  If I select no to checkout, AutoCAD should just open the document read-only with no questions being asked regarding the read-only status.

5 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Josh_Hunt
Advocate

Clarification: Read-only message does NOT appear when clicking OPEN on the Vault tab in AutoCAD. Read-only message does appear when the user double-clicks a DWG in Vault client.

Vault Pro 2016

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Vault product team
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

tmorefield
Observer

Please dig this out of Archive and review again.

The alert pops up for every file opened that is not checked out.

There is a drop down to select Open Read Only but I never remember to click it.

ReadOnlyAutoCadAlert.JPG

Sometimes I only want to review data or copy data from the drawing.

If changes are made and the file is saved, an alert appears that the file is not checked out. The file can then be checked out without losing changes so there is a safety in place.

This Alert is very annoying and to an extent time wasted clicking yes for every document.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report