Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Web Client - Obvious View and Download Buttons

Subscription Web Client - Obvious View and Download Buttons

I completely agree with the original poster.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General/New-thin-web-client-Subscription-Release-1-sucks/m-p/455...

It's not clear how to View or Download the drawing and I'm IT. The average shop floor worker is not generally computer-savvy and will have an even more difficult time. They will not be able to figure out that they need to HOVER over the thumbnail then click on an small icon. Then click the DWF icon after that... (also see this wish http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-IdeaStation/Sub-Release-Thin-Web-Client-Allow-for-resize-of-DWF-...

Here is an example of what I'd like to see (I'm slightly exagerating on the size!). Thank you.

New 2014 Web Client-ViewDownload Buttons.png

9 Comments
gluckett
Collaborator

Perhaps removing the DWF option and having a 360 like version of the Drawings/Models would be better.  The view should be automatic, not a choice.

Josh_Hunt
Advocate
Gluckett, I'm fine with giving the Vault administrator options, that can be enforced to the end users. However, upgrading should NEVER force you to use an internet viewer. Cloud services must go through a LOT of certification at my enterprise size company.

Good idea about 360 but the focus of this idea was making the client user friendly.

Josh Hunt
[AutoCAD_Badge_2014] [Inventor_Badge_Prof_2014]
kwilson_design
Collaborator

Gave you kudos. This is just one of the many issues I have with the 2015 products and why we will continue to use only 2014. I absolutely hate everything about the interface and the "average Joe" on the shop floor is going to be twice as displeased to navigate and use it. I wished I could just drop subscription entirely but I need the support and maintenance.

And just say No to cloud-based viewing for files. I know companies that live on wet dreams love the aspect of a cloud based service to hold all our junk but the real world knows the insecurities with the internet no matter how much Autodesk thinks they're secure. Cloud-based viewing of drawings is not going to fly with our government and defense private contractors. If they don't want to use it what does that tell you about the security concerns? No amount of white paper reading is going to change their mind or mine to be honest.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Josh_Hunt
Advocate

I think this was half addressed by http://underthehood-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/2014/05/thin-client-just-the-newest-bits.html

I have Vault Pro 2016 Server and I only see the "Download Visualization" because "Restrict download of file with visualization attachment" is checked in admin settings.

I still wish the button was more obvious for the average user.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This is implemented and available with Autodesk Vault 2022 Release.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report