Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Release Thin (Web) Client - Allow for resize of DWF Window

Sub Release Thin (Web) Client - Allow for resize of DWF Window

With the new updated Thin(web) client using the magnifying glass I can easily see both the thumbnail preview and the DWF Visualization file. However this window is fixed in size and too small making it difficult to properly view the DWF file. I know I can right-click and "Open with DWF Application" but I shouldn't have to.

This window should be changed to that... .

• I can resize the Window (and it remembers my size)
  • have this window open much larger
  • provide a maximize button that makes the window full screen

Mike

7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was the very first thing I looked at (DWF Improvement) and I was pretty bummed to find out it stays that size in that window and all your panels are compressed so you can't see them without clicking

Another thing you can do though is Right-Click>Full Screen (Shortcut is N key) BUT you lose all your Design Review tools.  Pretty disappointing.  I don't understand how something like this gets missed.

Another thing I noticed is if you make a change to the DWF (markup of some sort) and you close the previewer, it asks if you want to save changes and when you click Yes it appears to download something, but the file is no where to be found.  Not a huge deal because you can click Save before closing the preview window, but something the OLD Web Client did for you while using IE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mike,

Have you actually tried right-clicking and opening in DWF Application from the NEW Thin Client?  I'm getting an error.

ADR-WebClient.jpg

mthomas
Collaborator
I have, its working for me and all my users. What's the error?

Mike

Mike Thomas
Technical Services Manager | Prairie Machine & Parts Mfg. Partnership
3311 Millar Avenue, Saskatoon, SK, S7K 5Y5
Phone: (306) 933.4812 ext. 231 | Cell. (306)229.4160
Email: mthomas@pmparts.com
kwilson_design
Collaborator

They do have a "maximize button" with the new crappy viewer. Hotkey letter N on the keyboard or right click and click on full size. This may vary based on internet browser at your company (I have IE and Mozilla loaded, so I see that option). The issue then becomes that you lose your mark-up and annotation capability when you do that. It's VERY frustrating the lack of effort and thought they put into this a as drawing viewer. It's like they went out to some photo-centric website and saw how people make these shadowbox-esque "windows" of their pictures to draw you in as a viewer (think photobucket, flicker, etc). Yea it works for artsy fartsy photography but not at all for viewing CAD DRAWINGS!!

I vented about this issue and other Sub Rel 1 gripes here if you're bored http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General/New-thin-web-client-Subscription-Release-1-sucks/td-p/45...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found out where the DWF files get saved when you make a change to a DWF and click the "X" to close and it asks you to save.  It goes to the Users %TEMP% directory.  How convenient.

Mike,

The error I am receiving is in the post right above yours as a screenshot.

"Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type"

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented
In the 2015 release, this will now open in a new tab full browser size.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report